Community
Wiki Posts
Search

isp to las cancelled- did not tell me

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2001, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

isp to las cancelled- did not tell me

I have reservations for islip to las vegas on july 7TH.I bought tickets after I was assured that the flight would be made.(tickets bought 4/13 strike started about 3/25)Today my wife called to check on the flight.She was told it had been cancelled and the only other flight had only one seat left.I guess we will flip a coin to see who goes.When asked why we weren't notified we were told "you should have been".We asked to speak to a supervisor who was able to put us on a flight which will take 2hrs longer.I am very angry that i was lied to and next time there is a choice the other guy wins.I will write delta upon my return to tell them this.By the way my wife won the coin toss.
Old Jun 17, 2001, 2:40 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
What you might want to do is check other airline's schedules, and if another flight is more convenient to you, then have DL accomodate you on another airline.
Old Jun 17, 2001, 5:34 pm

Programs: AAExecPlat MM, DL MM, HH Platinum
My flight was cancelled this past Friday due to equipment failure, and I had messages on both my office and home voice mails telling me of the rebookings, which I appreciate. In addition, it never hurts to regularly check your itineraries on the Delta website to make sure all is ok--even if the trip is a few months out.
Old Jun 18, 2001, 4:49 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by bgholtz:
I have reservations for islip to las vegas on july 7TH.I bought tickets after I was assured that the flight would be made.(tickets bought 4/13 strike started about 3/25)Today my wife called to check on the flight.She was told it had been cancelled and the only other flight had only one seat left.I guess we will flip a coin to see who goes.When asked why we weren't notified we were told "you should have been".We asked to speak to a supervisor who was able to put us on a flight which will take 2hrs longer.I am very angry that i was lied to and next time there is a choice the other guy wins.I will write delta upon my return to tell them this.By the way my wife won the coin toss.</font>
You were lied to? What was the lie? When you were told "you should have been notified", was that the lie? Should you have NOT been notified?

You bought tickets on a carrier that was on strike, three weeks after the strike began. For one thing, that was a bad idea (as you're well aware now). Secondly, if you insisted on flying Comair, you should have kept up with the news to see how far in advance the flights were being cancelled.

While I agree that Delta/Comair could have done better (i.e., contacted you weeks ago; do they have your phone number?), I think you came out just fine. So you have to fly through ATL instead of CVG, which takes a whole two hours longer. Big deal! You would have had to do that anyway had Delta called you weeks ago. If that's why you'll never fly Delta again, you will be out of airline options very soon.

Lest everyone think I'm a Delta cheerleader, Delta isn't my first choice of airlines (fifth, to be exact). I've gone out of my way to avoid flying on a carrier going on strike (even when the strike/lockout didn't happen), because I know that you can't expect everything else to go as planned during a strike. Better to avoid it in the first place.

[This message has been edited by JS (edited 06-18-2001).]
Old Jun 18, 2001, 7:06 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Call Delta back and tell them that you would like to be reaccommodated on US Air (You can connect thru Philadelphia and arrive at 10 pm). If you want to stay on DL, I'm seeing 2 seats available on the 6:40 pm flight to ATL. You could also look at using Delta Express to get down to Florida and then fly over to Las Vegas. Finally, you could fly out of JFK, LGA, or EWR if you really want to get the dates/times as close as possible to your original itinerary. Good luck!

------------------
"Sire, it is not a revolt. It is a Revolution!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.