Help Please

Old Jun 12, 01, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Help Please

Okay I have read this board and come to realize that you guys know more then the programs themselves So I am asking for your help, please.

Two Questions:

1- Do you know if there is a referral promotion for acquiring new members to Delta's FF program? If so how do I sponsor someone?

2- I was reading about their 4,000 mile promotion for flights booked online and travel completed prior to June 20. Here is my situation - I will be purchasing 10K miles (at $25 per K) for a reward flight over Christmas week and if I can fly this weekend somewhere and earn the 5K bonus miles with the promo - then at least I will be getting something for my dollar. I need to know if there are any flights from SLC to anywhere that fall below $100 for a round trip?

Thanks for all your help !
Old Jun 12, 01, 2:59 pm

Programs: LH HON, UA 1K, DL FO/MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond
1) There is no current referral bonus for SkyMiles.
2) To find cheap flights, try "Dream Maps" at travelocity.com
Old Jun 12, 01, 3:25 pm

Out of SLC, they often have cheap flights to PDX because of competition from Southwest. Might find something around $100 on a special. You should sign up for the web fares as well - see the website.

Also, don't spend the $250. Change your long distance carrier or get a Delta American Express. Both cheaper alternatives than the one you are looking at.
Old Jun 12, 01, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your suggestions - I already use MCI and the American Express Card is in process of being approved. I would prefer not to buy the miles either - but am stuck with no other option as it is MUCH cheaper to buy the miles then pay $1000 for a flight to HNL during Christmas. Any ideas - I even have checked into ClickRewards. When talking to Delta they 'claim' to have a ton of promotions - but I have yet to find them.
Old Jun 12, 01, 3:38 pm

Programs: LH HON, UA 1K, DL FO/MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond
vixenlady, BTW, welcome to FlyerTalk.
Did you check avaiability for award flights to HNL for that time period? Usually, it's pretty tough... not that you try really hard to get those miles just to be disappointed...
Old Jun 12, 01, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

I know more then I EVER wanted to on how hard it is to book during that time ... for that reason I have to use a SkyChoice Reward (double the mileage required) to override blackout and capicity controls. I won't be purchasing mileage until I know for sure I can get my desired flight. Thanks for the welcome
Old Jun 12, 01, 3:52 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Ouch. That's 60,000 miles per ticket, in coach. At a value of 2 cents per mile, you are paying $1200 per ticket using the SkyChoice Reward. You might as well buy the tickets for $1000 and earn mileage on them...

------------------
"Sire, it is not a revolt. It is a Revolution!"

Search this Thread