Wiki Posts
Search

No Bonus MQM's for NW "A" fare?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
No Bonus MQM's for NW "A" fare?

I took a NW flight from ATL - MSP on Sunday and my miles posted to my Account today. 907 Miles, plus 907 Gold Bonus and 907 MQM's.

I was booked on an A fare, shouldn't I have gotten 150% of the miles as MQM's?

Or did I miss something here?
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:53 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
If it was a DL codeshare flight operated by NW, then according to Delta.com you should have received 1.5x MQMs for the A fare. If it was a NW flight, then I don't know. Delta.com doesn't even show an A fare in the NW chart.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLfan
If it was a DL codeshare flight operated by NW, then according to Delta.com you should have received 1.5x MQMs for the A fare. If it was a NW flight, then I don't know. Delta.com doesn't even show an A fare in the NW chart.
Here's the deal

- It was a DL codeshare flight
- The flight was posted to my skymiles account as a "M" fare, although the fare was full price first class and listed as "A" on the itn.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 2:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by rnovak
Here's the deal

- It was a DL codeshare flight
- The flight was posted to my skymiles account as a "M" fare, although the fare was full price first class and listed as "A" on the itn.
A call to SMS should be able to clear this up. Especially if you can fax the itin & show that it was paid first class.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
But even the M fare codeshare should have earned 1.5 MQMs????
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by RobertS975
But even the M fare codeshare should have earned 1.5 MQMs????
Nope

M class fares on DL-coded flights operated either by NW or CO don't receive the 50% bonus that is given for M class fares on DL operated flights.

For more info:

Delta-coded Flights Operated by Northwest Airlines

A.J.
Old Feb 22, 2006, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Ok.. this is just frustrating...

I've gone back and forth 6 times this year on F class tickets from ATL - MSP on NW.

Some of the flights are posting correctly (907 Miles, 453 Bonus, 1360 Total, 1361 MQM) and the same flight, same fare class (F), 1 week prior is posting incorrectly (907 miles, 0 Bonus, 907 Miles, 907 MQM). It seems that they are being sent over to DL as M class.

I called SMS and the only thing they could tell me was "Send Northwest the boarding pass and original tickets and see if they will fix the problem.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

And FWIW, my future trips to MSP are on DL iron. Not taking a chance of getting stuck in the frozen tundra.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.