hfly asks a SWU question....

Old Jun 4, 01, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

hfly asks a SWU question....

Quick question, had a SWU which was expiring 5/26. Had the flight booked and was going to ticket the 24th. Ended up in the hospital for a few days and got the reservation extended. Went to the CTO today to get the ticket issued and was told that they wont take it. Didnt get the ticket issued and have until Wednesday to do so.

Some on the board have stated that DL are being a bit lax these days in this situation. Anyone have any ideas how I can convince them to take it???

Thanks
Old Jun 4, 01, 10:34 am

All I can tell you is that I traveled overseas last week and used two expired SWU's to upgrade. At my departure city the cert was requested but not closely examined. On return in Europe, the cert was not even requested.
Old Jun 4, 01, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow. I flew SYR-ATL-LGW and back over Mem. Day W/E. I had arranged through SMS to use my SWUs, and, at check-in, they were scrutinized to a fare-the-well. Part of undoubtedly dealt with SMS booking 2 itineraries for me, etc.

It would seem to me that HFly's best option is a technique practiced at various DMV's nationwide; get back in line and try another agent.

Regards, and safe journeys,

O/H

>>>At my departure city the cert was requested but not closely examined. On return in Europe, the cert was not even requested.<<<

Search this Thread