Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Medallion qualification date and legth of status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2001, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum

I am less than 2000 miles from qualifying for Silver. Does it matter when I qualify? I know on AA it is better to qualify after July 15, in order to have the status until the end of Feb. 2003. Does DL have same rules? The current double base miles promotion is attractive, but I do not want my Medallion year to end in Feb. 2002 (as opposed to Feb. 2003), and would rather postpone qualifying for a month and a half if it makes a difference. Would greatly appreciate your advice. Any chance that there would also be doubling of transoceanic segments, or am I just being too greedy?

[This message has been edited by julius (edited 05-30-2001).]
Old May 30, 2001, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

When you qualify it is for the rest of the current year, and all of the next. Delta has been Jan-Dec, but looks like this year might extend in Feb.
Old May 31, 2001, 12:34 pm
Original Member

Hi Julius -

Welcome to the boards. As noted aboved, when you qualify, you receive the status for the rest of the current year and the next year. Plus new this year, you keep your status thru to Feb of the year after. So, if you qualify this June, you would keep your status until Feb 2003 if you don't requalify.

Whilst by no means an AAdvantage expert, I think the July date is for the Challenge whereby if you fly x amount of miles in 90 days, you earn status - it's a fast-track. If you earn status the old-fashioned way (by flying x miles, x segments, etc. in a year), your status should be good throughout the next year too in addition to the rest of the current year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.