Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double BASE mile offer

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2001, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Double BASE mile offer

I received the following card in the mail today. From the Massachusetts address, I suspect it might have been a targeted mailing.

Coast into Medallion status for 2002 -- and celebrate 20 years of frequent flyer rewards.

Now when you fly Delta between May 15, 2001, and July 15,2001, you'll earn double miles on every flight, and as an added bonus, these miles count towards Medallion status -- that means you can earn 2002 Medallion status twice as fast. *

To register for this offer, simply call 1-888-558-3358 and enter offer code 1050.

Want to earn more miles? Buy your ticket on delta.com and you'll earn 1,000 bonus miles for each round trip purchased. **

Earn status fast. Fly often. We'll see you on board.

* This offer is applicable on all Delta coded flights. You must register to qualify for double-base-miles promotion. This offer is nontransferable. Once registered, bonus miles will be credited on all flights taken between May 15, 2001, and July 15, 2001, and will appear on your SkyMiles statement. All standard SkyMiles program rules and conditions apply. For complete Medallion program rules, visit our Web site at delta.com/skymiles.

** To earn delta.com online bonuses, tickets must be purchased on delta.com at time of reservation. Online bonus not available for tickets purchased by calling a Delta reservation center. This offer requires round-trip purchase. Bonus miles apply only to the traveling SkyMiles member. Online bonus offer is subject to change or withdrawal with 30 days advance notice. Any changes to the bonus offer will be posted on delta.com. Web mileage bonus of 1,000 miles does not apply toward Medallion status.

Refer to G*9706/13-36

Old May 11, 2001, 7:13 pm

Thanks! Worked for me!
Old May 11, 2001, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
The automated system accepted all my entries, so it seems to have worked for me as well, based in ATL.
Old May 11, 2001, 7:56 pm
Jib

Programs: DL 5MM+/FC/DM through 2022, UA PEX, Marriott PPMLT, Starwood PM, Hertz PM
Thanks for the tip. It also worked for me.
Old May 11, 2001, 8:04 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Worked for us too! Thanks much!

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.
Old May 11, 2001, 9:14 pm
Suspended

thank you very much!

------------------
I can see for miles and miles...
Old May 11, 2001, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Plat; UAL 1K, Starwood Plat
Great!!! I hope this really works--

Thanks--
Old May 12, 2001, 8:11 am

Well, I just signed up too.

Man, if this works I'll definitely make Gold this year !!!

Thanks for the post !!
Old May 12, 2001, 8:16 am

Not to be the materialistic weasel here, but do you think these will count for million miler status?

even if they don't, YEAH BABY!!!!

Jeff
Old May 12, 2001, 9:00 am

Programs: CoFounder and Chairman, FFOCUS (Frequent Flyers Organized and concerned about Unacceptable Service.
Never received the card, but my registration took. Now if only I could bring myself to fly DL again....

We'll see.

Thanks for the heads up.

Old May 12, 2001, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I just received the same card today. This may not be a targeted mailing as I live in NYC and not BOS. Has anyone in ATL, CVG or SLC received this card? If they did, then this is a national mailing to all Medallions.

The travel dates stated are 5/15-7/15, I wonder if we will get credit for the trips that we have already booked for these dates before registering this week?

[This message has been edited by Rssrsvp (edited 05-12-2001).]
Old May 12, 2001, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
I just received the same card today. This may not be a targeted mailing as I live in NYC and not BOS. Has anyone in ATL, CVG or SLC received this card? If they did, then this is a national mailing to all Medallions.

The travel dates stated are 5/15-7/15, I wonder if we will get credit for the trips that we have already booked for these dates before registering this week?
I certainly hope so. I booked a mileage run to BRU midday on Friday, and came home to find the card on my doormat. I immediately registered for the promotion.

Glad to know this is not a strictly targeted mailing. At least I think I'm glad...
Old May 12, 2001, 3:48 pm
GG

Frankly, I'll be very surprised to get this mailing, but I won't be surprised to hear that Medallions in LA or SF or SD get it. There's competition in those markets.
Rssrsvp, was your mailing from the same return address as HRGM's? I guess we'll just have to wait and see about the trips we've already booked. We have one on Wednesday, so maybe we won't have to wait too long.

And HRGM, thanks again.
Old May 12, 2001, 3:53 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
GG, keep us updated.
I am pretty sure it *WILL* work for flights having been booked prior to this offer. There is NO mentioning whatsoever that one has to book after enrolling for the promo. And the Medallion promo last year DID work...
Old May 12, 2001, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

For the record, the return address on my mailing was:
201 Summer St.
Holliston, MA 01746

Heck, I don't know anything in Holliston. According to Mapblast, the only thing of note near the address is "Chicken Brook"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.