My second RPU audit....

Old Apr 14, 01, 11:18 am
Original Member

Contrast this with the United FlyerTalk chat the other nite, when the United reps specifically endorsed mileage runs. "Go for it!" I believe was their response to the question as to whether mileage runs were permitted.

Djlawman
Old Apr 14, 01, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
mhbaker and Djlawman,

I agree with both of you. Delta becomes more unpleasant every day. They seem determined to drive away their best-informed and some of their most elite customers. It's just bizarre behavior, completely inexplicable.

On the other hand, United seems very nice. I can't wait to see how they treat me as a complimentary Premier Executive. I'm flying NRT-PEK on May 9, so I'll find out! United will get all of my personal travel, if this continues. Maybe I can be a 1K.

Bruce
Old Apr 15, 01, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
I for one am a little upset about what I'm reading here.
I've come to the conclusion that most of you hate Delta.
Delta seems a little crazy.

My biggest fear is that you'll all leave Delta for another airline; say, my favorite airline of choice. UNITED.

If you were visiting during the United chat last week, you heard the big boys at United say that they don't mind mileage runs. So maybe you guys what to come fly the Friendly skies.
You can certainly get some additional miles by flying ATL to IAD to LAX, rather than routing thru Cincy. And you can read all about the IAD agents on the United boards.

dhammer53
Old Apr 15, 01, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dhammer53:
[B]I for one am a little upset about what I'm reading here.
I've come to the conclusion that most of you hate Delta.
Delta seems a little crazy.
QUOTE]

dhammer53,
We don't hate Delta, we hate what the upper management has done to it. Even with the LUser fares, until the middle of last year, there were very few negative posts about DL on this board. The loss of the SWU's coupled with "Simply Good Business" was the last straw.

Old Apr 15, 01, 9:54 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
dhammer53, I don't hate Delta either. So far, I am very happy with what I paid for and what I got. Whenever they screwed up, they apologized and tried to compensate me for what they have done wrong.
If I were the typical business customer, paying full fare more often, I would have switched, though. Simply because they screw up more and more, and because their alliance is not working, additionally to the SkyMiles downgrades. But so far, I will stick with DL - and the probability of 90% that I will make PM this year helps that a lot. If I wouldn't, you can bet I would be flying UA. DL does not have an edge for their lower two tiers anymore.
Old Apr 15, 01, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I would think this would make an interesting WSJ type story.
Old Apr 15, 01, 11:01 am

I have purchased Y tickets to BNA before on Expedia - DL's website only lists CLE-ATL-BNA or CLE-CVG-BNA. Using Expedia, and for $4 more (tax), I came up with the following:

CLE-CVG-LEX-ATL-BNA-ATL-IND-CVG-CLE

I let 5 weeks go by. Not a single call from DL or any suspicious activity - so I didn't have to shell out the money I went ahead and cancelled it.

I have a $100 DL voucher I've been wanting to use on that route. Calling reservations and asking for that routing is like calling Rome and asking to talk to the Pope - everytime I call, and I bet if I called the elite line also, I get the same answer. "Uh, hmm...I'm not sure...let me get a supervisor to see what is wrong".
Old Apr 15, 01, 11:33 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
The outrage over B747-437B's first run-in with RPU is well documented in the previous thread, but I fail to see what the big deal is here. They looked, and they didn't do anything. He would have never even known about it unless someone he knows at DL had told him.

That would make a pretty boring WSJ story if you ask me. Yeah, they looked at my trip and didn't do anything, they never even contacted me.
Old Apr 15, 01, 11:52 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
You can have as many connections as you like with a full Y ticket. The issue here is discount economy tickets what have multiple connections in them that are sold to customers and then the RPU nazis come along and try to cancel them for fear of "mileage runs".

Originally posted by TimCLE:
I have purchased Y tickets to BNA before on Expedia - DL's website only lists CLE-ATL-BNA or CLE-CVG-BNA. Using Expedia, and for $4 more (tax), I came up with the following:

CLE-CVG-LEX-ATL-BNA-ATL-IND-CVG-CLE

I let 5 weeks go by. Not a single call from DL or any suspicious activity - so I didn't have to shell out the money I went ahead and cancelled it.

I have a $100 DL voucher I've been wanting to use on that route. Calling reservations and asking for that routing is like calling Rome and asking to talk to the Pope - everytime I call, and I bet if I called the elite line also, I get the same answer. "Uh, hmm...I'm not sure...let me get a supervisor to see what is wrong".

------------------
"Sire, it is not a revolt. It is a Revolution!"
Old Apr 15, 01, 12:10 pm

Spiff,
I can book that exact itinerary - including a same-day return - total cost is $158.25. Maybe if I ever do get near Medallion status, I should give it a try.
Old Apr 15, 01, 12:38 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Wild Wild Life, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Sure, give it a try. Looks like a good opportunity to both acquire some miles and test the resolve of the RPU. How were you able to cancel your first itinerary w/o penalty?

Originally posted by TimCLE:
Spiff,
I can book that exact itinerary - including a same-day return - total cost is $158.25. Maybe if I ever do get near Medallion status, I should give it a try.

------------------
"Sire, it is not a revolt. It is a Revolution!"
Old Apr 15, 01, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Plat, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I think if a reporter wanted to dig/ask he or she would find plenty of intrusive things about this RPU, and it would disgust people.
Old Apr 15, 01, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, LH Senator, Hyatt Diamond
Wow, since I was gone I missed contributing to the whole Top Ten list- we should write to David Letterman. Although you have already reached number 1, here is my mini top 5:

Reason-
5. I have 71 electronic upgrades and wanted to increase my chances of actually using some.

4. I wanted to pick up a copy of the Washington Post in IAD.

3. I was in PDX a month ago and forget to buy postcards.

2. Or, I bought postcards but didn't want to mail them except from the city I visited.

And more true than funny, my #1 reason....
1. I was hungry and needed more than peanuts and pretzels after 2 hours.

------------------
"Fly me to the moon and let me earn alot of miles."
Old Apr 16, 01, 1:11 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM | DL Gold | AA Gold | Marriott Platinum | Hilton Gold
An RPU call after a triple connection flight (that actually WAS for meeting people in the RCC) is the reason I've switched to United.
Old Apr 16, 01, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
This is really astonishing. I just can't find the words to express my disgust at Delta. Is there anyone out there who can get this picked up by a major newspaper or TV network? We need to SHAME them into stopping these practices. Silence is acquiescence.

Bruce

Search this Thread