The Delta Air Lines Rant and Whine Thread

Old Jan 27, 2002, 6:49 pm

Delta Sucks

Go here for a great website, www.sucks500.com. Here you can read all about Delta the worst airline in the world.
Old Jan 27, 2002, 7:10 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I flew DL before I was wise to FT. As for getting miles for getting quote on cars, great idea. I will try to get 12K more miles so I can take my FC award tix on Singapore Airlines. Adios DL!
Old Jan 27, 2002, 7:18 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
romadaro - too bad about Delta's treatment of you ( no suprise), but more importantly, I couldn't be happier for you and your prognosis. My 5 year old daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumor and we achieved a result similar to yours. It was, as yours is, a miracle!
Old Jan 28, 2002, 4:19 am
SMF

Programs: DL MM/PM, SPG Lifetime Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I sympathize with you but I also sympathize with Delta. I've been in several 'customer service' type situations and have never been more disgusted in seeing the lengths people will go to lie and get their way. Unfortunately this causes problems for people with legitimate issues and demeans us all.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Wow, I never saw that one before. Lots of Delta employees posting, which is pretty interesting.

Bruce
Old Jan 28, 2002, 11:14 am

Location: TPA, DL PM, UA Premier Exec, Hilton & Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz FS, Avis PS
While I am not an overwhelming supporter of Delta lately, the website listed above also includes many other airlines, as well as almost every other Fortune 500.

There will always be people disappointed with any entity, given enough time and interaction.

The important piece to the dissapointment that this forum provides, is an opportunity to share experiences so that others will not follow the same path.

So let’s try to focus more on the learning experiences and less on the slanderous remarks.

Just my thoughts...Try not to flame me too bad!
Old Jan 28, 2002, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton, Marriott & SPG Platinum & a whole lot of other programs...
I am very sorry to hear that. I am using up the miles I have with them and thats it. They have no sence of customer service or that they are transporting people, not cargo. And I live in Atlanta!

Old Jan 28, 2002, 7:30 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I am surprised that the counter agents in BWI were unable to resolve your issue themselves? Did they try to just re-issue the tickets with or without the blessing of corporate? Usually airport ticket counters have the means technically in the computer to over-ride and force the system to honor whatever fare a pax may have. In fact, if they cannot do it on the computer they can just write out fims, and stapple your original flight coupons to the audit coupon of the fim. Sometimes fims are used to take care of a problem "quick and dirty," as the fims can be hand-written. A fim can typically be used as an online transfer on one airline instead of the more conventional use of sending a pax to a different airline. Now what may have happened at BWI is maybe the agents you are friends with are so afraid by SGB, that they don't dare just break the rules themselves. But airports do defintely have the technical means to fix tickets. They can often just make a random remark in the pnr like "due ot orig res error," or "due to wx on orig flight date," etc. I.E. just some BS in the documentation to cover what they are doing in case it is auditted.
I will liekly get flamed about how unethical this is, etc, but oh well. Another analogy that I have heard of is in the ER they have "soft admits." Let's say you have some illness that is not very serious, but you would have trouble taking care of yourself at home. Now with health care in America, you have the HMO's (aka Delta corporate) and they mandate that in your case you are not sick enough to be in the hospital. So the doctor does a "soft admit" where they make up some diagnosis where you would be sick enough just for the paperwork, but they really know what you actually have. I remember watching ER once, and somebody was whining about maybe how unethical soft admits were, and the older doctor just told them to get out of ER if they don't want to play the game. My quick recommendation would be for you to go DCA, don't mention any prior contact with ***anybody*** regarding your problem, and ask a freidnly DCA agent to fix your issue. It is *****critical*** that you not mention prior contact with res/CS/BWI, etc....because once you do that you put DCA in a position where they must go against another Delta dept/person, and thats a can of worms you don't need. So just go in...hi...I miss you....**** I had this brain surgery...and I had this old ticket....and now I want to use it, can you help? Also let me know in this thread if its an eticket, because that might pose a problem if the e-ticket associated PNR is documented with the fact they will not hnr changes. If thats the case, if its an eticket, then first go to a CTO or another ATO, print the ticket to paper, and then go to DCA as directed above. Good luck, glad your better, and let me know how it works/what you think, etc.
Old Jan 28, 2002, 10:23 pm

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
jetsetter, I think the employees are paranoid that this can be traced, and they can be out of the job. That's the flip side of the SGB: if you don't trust your people, and watch them *really* well, they will become pre-programmed robots and follow instructions to a "t".
Old Jan 29, 2002, 7:03 am

Do we really want airlines to create a Department of Excuse Validation to research all the requests for deviations from the fare rules -- and then render judgement on the worthy vs. unworthy? It seems a slippery slope, as where does one draw the line? Are certain maladies recognized, while others are not?

Old Jan 29, 2002, 7:11 am

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
All of this for a hundred lousy bucks?

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.
Delta Flyers' Guide
Old Jan 29, 2002, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL Plat, CO Nothing, SPG Gold
This is starting to sound like airliners.net.
Old Jan 29, 2002, 3:10 pm

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
Thanks, nwelite, I'm quite tired of it too.

Wherever did this inundation of insult-happy, clue-deprived posters come from?

Can we possibly socialize them?

(These are rhetorical questions. I wouldn't have brought this thread forward, but since it's at the top, thought I'd speak my mind a little on it.)

------------------
"Service" should be a noun, not a verb.
Delta Flyers' Guide
Old Jan 29, 2002, 3:13 pm

I agree with the original poster--Delta does suck. I don't have to go to another website for proof--its fairly obvious.

Sorry if I am stepping on the toes of Delta sycophants on this board. Not sure why you are here anyway--if you are Delta employees don't you have buddy passes anyway--what do you need miles for?
Old Jan 29, 2002, 6:08 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
I don't think DL sucks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.