Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

DL 1700 for 11/22 cancelled, what is the real reason?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2000, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

I was online and discovered by accident that my flight DL 1700 (EWR-SLC-SMF)for 11/22 was cancelled without any phone call from DL. My girlfriend who was traveling under a separate record wasn't called either.

The reason given was mechanical. I hope that this isn't a cover for labor unrest. We were all expecting trouble from the pilot's union over the holidays and maybe it has arrived.

[This message has been edited by Rssrsvp (edited 11-21-2000).]
Old Nov 22, 2000, 7:12 am
Original Member

The Transportation Secretary was on ABC earlier this morning talking about 'some airlines' already cancelling flights due to anticipated labor problems.
This may or may not be the reason Delta cancelled your flight, doubtful you will ever know the real reason.
Old Nov 22, 2000, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
This is straight out of the DL computer.
Ship #3722
Yesterday it flew GEG-SLC
Arrived SLC 3:49p
Departed for EWR at 4:40p
Rtnd to gate at 5:14p
Then the flt cxld at 6:35p per the fuel sys.
At 6:38p flt 1700 EWR-SLC cxld b/c they knew the plane would overnight in SLC to be fixed.

And for those skeptics who think the plane is being used on other routes......its not. Its sitting in SLC today until 10:20pm and making up SLC-SFO later on tonight.

So....MTC cancellations are bad, but planes need to be fixed before we fly you guys on them.

I hope you were protected on a flt via ATL or CVG around the same time frame.

[This message has been edited by Russ21Atl (edited 11-22-2000).]
Old Nov 22, 2000, 10:28 am

Thanks Russ for the info.

Did you get a favorable reroute?
Old Nov 22, 2000, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally posted by the scribbler:
Thanks Russ for the info.

Did you get a favorable reroute?
Russ, thanks for the update. It was sincerely appreciated.

scribbler, first they had me routed EWR-CVG-SLC-SMF. I complained and they switched me to EWR-ATL-SMF. the only catch was taking off at 5:15 AM.

What really pissed me off was never receiving a phone call. I was home all night and discovered the cancellation by accident while looking at my booked trips at DL's site.

[This message has been edited by Rssrsvp (edited 11-23-2000).]
Old Nov 24, 2000, 2:31 pm
Original Member

My experience with DL canclled flights (and I haven't seen many) is that they're real good about making alternative arrangements. My wife and I recently had a connection through DFW to DCA, and the DL flight was cancelled (I have no idea why). We were flying on upgrades and could have been put on American in Coach almost on the same schedule. We chose to wait a bit and were on a later American flight, in First. We got both DL and AA miles for the segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.