Trouble using Delta Plus Pack

Old Oct 12, 00, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Trouble using Delta Plus Pack

I thought that the Delta Plus pack was similar to the Presige pack by Continental but it clearly isn't. First of all, the upgrades can only be used on Y or B fares while Continental's can be used on any fare. Also, the certificate for 25/50/75 dollars off your next ticket has blackout dates!

Can anyone confirm these restrictions? Are they strictly enforced?

While I think the pack is still a good deal for the 5,000 miles, I am dissappointed with the upgrades.

Hope this helps anyone looking at the Plus Pack. BTW, it costs $60.
Old Nov 22, 00, 6:15 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
I just joined SkyMiles, and got an offer for the PlusPack in the mail. My offer says good for "published" Economy fares, with blackout dates applying. There's also no indication that these are 500-mile, 800-mile or unlimited-mile certs. If they are truly "one way North America" certs, then they seem to me to be pretty valuable.

Why would dollars-off coupons have blackout dates? That doesn't make sense to me.

I can't tell from the promotional material whether the hotel certs are worth anything. Different chains mean different things by the term "upgrade". Are they talking suites? How far in advance can you confirm a "space-available" upgrade?

All of those car rental discounts look like stuff I get on every rental just by using the right codes on the Hertz website. Again, unless one of them loosens the common restrictions found on the car discounts we all get bombarded with in FF statements, they aren't worth much.

I will probably buy the pack, just for the chance that I'll be able to use one or more of the upgrades sometime in the next year or so. The 5,000 bonus miles is enough insurance that even if I don't get much value out of the upgrades, I won't feel like it's a total loss.
Old Nov 22, 00, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA PLT 1MM, Hyatt Discoverist, HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, ClubCarlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb
How does one get a hold of this Plus Pack? Is this only sent out to new Skymiles member? My sister is interested in joining and wondering if she would get any kind of goodies from DL like other airlines would send her. Or is this Plus Pack for purchase only?

Thx
Jamester
Old Nov 22, 00, 10:29 pm

Location: MCI. AA Plat, UA PrmEx., Mrrtt Gold, Hz Pres.Circle, HHonors Gold
The Plus Pack is for purchase only when you join the SkyMiles program, according to the literature in my offer. Limit 1 per member.

They may have other packs and other goodies they give to elite flyers, long-term members, etc., but this particular offer is for newbies only.

Purchase price is $60 for 4 one-way upgrades (with ambiguous restrictions) + 5000 SkyMiles.
Old Nov 22, 00, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
As I recall, I didn't receive the offer until after I had taken my first DL flight.

Search this Thread