FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   "Due to the high demand for award seats to Europe" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/498082-due-high-demand-award-seats-europe.html)

Spiff Nov 29, 2005 2:30 pm

"Due to the high demand for award seats to Europe"

...on Delta and our partner carriers, seats may not be available. Ask your Delta representative about available fares to these destinations during this peak travel season..." <paraphrased>

Hey Delta! It's 29 November.

Peak season ended months ago. SLOW seaon is now officially underway; how about changing your phone message?

upgrader Nov 29, 2005 2:34 pm

Ah, with DLs new availability (or lack thereof) for awards all seasons are peak seasons. So no need to change. Another cost-saving enhancement from DL.

ecaarch Nov 29, 2005 2:57 pm

I was just thinking the same thing when I was on hold for partner awards desk last night. Another instance where correcting something wouldn't cost DL any $$ but would make it look like somebody on Virginia Ave has it together. :rolleyes:

CelticFlyer Nov 29, 2005 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
...on Delta and our partner carriers, seats may not be available. Ask your Delta representative about available fares to these destinations during this peak travel season..." <paraphrased>

Peak season ended months ago. SLOW seaon is now officially underway; how about changing your phone message?

They know your callerid Spiff, and they route your calls specially in appreciation of you flying AA. :D

rothsteg Nov 29, 2005 4:07 pm

Delta is clearly following Continental's lead...

and making it very difficult to book premium European award seats in advance on Delta or its partners. I needed December seats to and from room and was told nothing was available on any partners and only via Sky Choice awards on Delta. I took the SkyChoice seats, but have been checking availability on KVS and business class is still wide open on all the Delta, CO and AZ flights on my days.

GUWonder Nov 29, 2005 5:29 pm

DL is becoming particularly bad for me too. Award seats out of and into BOM? Bad availability when it comes to DL's own flights.

... and DL reps often say PMs get extra award space on DL. Not that I've benefited from. :(

My DL-supplied Hartman luggage -- if/when I get it -- may end up not being checked in with DL if this stuff continues.

RamAir Nov 29, 2005 5:30 pm

They want those who require premium service to pay $$$ for the seats. They are being huge jerks abouth the whole process - these are suposed to be rewards not hassels.
At least they are still offering double miles on my amex.
SR

MileKing Nov 30, 2005 6:05 am

Originally Posted by RamAir
At least they are still offering double miles on my amex.

Double miles is not a bonus if you can't find award seats at SkySaver rates. Mrs. MileKing's DL AMEX card is up for renewal in December. No way we will be paying the $85 annual fee for that since award availability is poor....the card is gone.

kiam Nov 30, 2005 6:10 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
DL is becoming particularly bad for me too. Award seats out of and into BOM? Bad availability when it comes to DL's own flights.

... and DL reps often say PMs get extra award space on DL. Not that I've benefited from. :(

My DL-supplied Hartman luggage -- if/when I get it -- may end up not being checked in with DL if this stuff continues.

I have been hearing about this benefit and my latest RTW award redemption, I can guarantee my PM status helps me NOTHING on DL own buckets !!! Have to fly AF flights from Europe to the US in July as all DL award seats are full from FCO, CDG, FRA the whole month of July 06. Where is so called PM extra award space???? :mad: Obviously, AF is more generous this time (well, before they block us again like they did in 2005).

Even US domestic flights and the ones to Alaska, my PM status gives me no help on getting the extra seats they are referring to but fortunately, Alaska Airlines has some space left. On 1 flight from JFK to BWI, I am still on waitlisted !!!

USCGamecock Nov 30, 2005 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Spiff

They are already showing slim pickings for next summer. :(

USAFAN Nov 30, 2005 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by rothsteg
and making it very difficult to book premium European award seats in advance on Delta or its partners. I needed December seats to and from room and was told nothing was available on any partners and only via Sky Choice awards on Delta....

Same here. Did not get a SkySaver seat in 2006 (April to June), not one! :td:
Got a seat to SCL in Jan 2006 and booked it.

Used AA-Miles to go to Europe in May - they had much more choices. ^

GUWonder Nov 30, 2005 1:51 pm

This is really getting to be a major pain in the neck. DL is not going to win itself a whole lot of goodwill as people start to realize that DL is going where CO's Nonepass already went.

SkyMiles = GroundMiles? :eek:

Mountain Trader Nov 30, 2005 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by MileKing
Double miles is not a bonus if you can't find award seats at SkySaver rates. Mrs. MileKing's DL AMEX card is up for renewal in December. No way we will be paying the $85 annual fee for that since award availability is poor....the card is gone.

This is the answer-position yourself to take your business where awards are available. I just went for the Starwood Amex card and will use it to in large part replace the Delta Amex card. While the miles won't accumulate quite as fast, I will be able to point them to airlines with available awards when I am ready to pull the trigger.

USAFAN Nov 30, 2005 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
This is the answer-position yourself to take your business where awards are available. I just went for the Starwood Amex card and will use it to in large part replace the Delta Amex card. While the miles won't accumulate quite as fast, I will be able to point them to airlines with available awards when I am ready to pull the trigger.

I do the same....collecting Starwood points and then transfer the points to the airline with available awards.

egtravel Nov 30, 2005 4:46 pm

I scored a sky saver award to europe next aug/sep. BUR to VCE and MAD to LAX return. I wanted bizelite, but absolutely, "nothing from the u.s. to europe on DL or any other partner airline." So i am on waitlist for biz class on the ATL to europe and europe to ATL portion. IF that clears (big IF), then i have to hope there is first class from BUR to ATL and ATL to LAX! I can't be waitlisted on the intercontinental portion because it's available to book. It's all so very complicated to me. Yet when you check the seat availability for bizelite, it's completely open! I wanted to waitlist bizelite from BCN to ATL, but the res agent informed me that, "waitlist is closed". What??? How can it be closed??? Bizelite is nearly if not completely empty!! Sheeesh. I never had this much frustration with UA. I think i'll empty my DL account and go back to UA!