No travel to Europe Jul_Aug. ?

Old Nov 18, 00, 11:38 am
Original Poster

No travel to Europe Jul_Aug. ?

Hi,

I don't frequent these parts much.So if this has already been asked and answered I beg foregiveness.

Was tooling around the delta site and came across the page listing blackout dates to Europe. It appears all of Jul_Aug 2001 is a no go zone.Is this true? The past two years I have travelled on 50,000 mile partner awards during this period. Once on Austrian and once on Sabena. Unfortunately they seem to have gotten the boot from the program. Any help is appreciated

Regards
Old Nov 18, 00, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are a standard member, you can double the miles to fly then..

If you are medallion, I believe the black out dates are waived.
Old Nov 18, 00, 6:04 pm

I would never give double miles for any award. First class is = to double miles. At that price, buy a ticket.

True that medallions get waived blackouts.....but are the blackouts for biz class too? If not, instead of turning in 100,000 miles for Y, turn in 80,000 for biz. The 100K is 2x for coach and 80K is regular biz if there aren't blackout dates. There has got to be a biz seat to somewhere that you want to go.

Old Nov 18, 00, 9:30 pm

Yes, the blackouts are waived for Medallion members for Business Class as well.

Old Nov 19, 00, 9:42 am

Programs: LH HON, UA 1K, DL FO/MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond
Officially, not all of JUL/AUG is a no-go.

Their website says:
"To/from all cities Fri/Sat/Sun only: Jun. 16-30; Jul.-Aug.; Sep. 1-10"

So you should be able to fly during the week. But due to the usual loads during this time of the year, I doubt that they will have many award seats avaiable.

Call them, and try...
Old Nov 19, 00, 9:47 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
I surprised that due to the heavy loads they dont just chop off those summer months in order to increase the opportunity for flyers to actually purchase seats. Makes sense using the same logic used to eliminate the SWU's

TW

[This message has been edited by Tolarian Wind (edited 11-19-2000).]

Search this Thread