Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta refund not avaiable for web fare reduction to Zurich

Old Nov 3, 00, 6:13 am
Original Poster

my girlfriend and I are traveling to ATL/Zurich on Dec 1 to capture double miles and 10000 bonus. Purchased a L fare on web site 6 weeks ago for $560. There is now available a U fare (only on Delta web not expedia etc) for $442. Delta is refusing to offer a voucher for fare difference because it is not a "published fare".

Has anyone had any experience with this problem?

another problem is that the U fares do not qualify for double miles...hmmm

[This message has been edited by GM99 (edited 11-03-2000).]
Old Nov 3, 00, 7:48 am

Did you realize that even if you talked them
into rebooking you into "U" class and refunding the difference, you would not get the double mile bonus? (The double mileage offer has fine print that states "not applicable for S,T, & U classes")
They seem pretty good at tailoring their offers so that you can get EITHER a super-low fare OR a great mileage bonus, but not both.
Old Nov 3, 00, 7:59 am
Original Poster

I did not want a reissue, I wanted a voucher for the difference to be applied to a future flght.
In either case both reiisue and voucher were refused.

Old Nov 3, 00, 12:34 pm

this seems to make sense to me.. unless i'm missing something.. you purchased an L class ticket for $500 and change.. now they have a U class available for $400 and change.. if they had dropped the L fare to that price no problem.. you get the voucher with no change fee and you receive the double miles plus the 10k.. but you want to switch fare classes.. something tells me they might allow you to reticket it in U if you pay the $75 change fee (or is it more international?) but that seems like a nonsensical idea to me.. you'd lose the double miles and the 10k bonus plus the price difference would barely be made up..

just my two cents though..
Old Nov 3, 00, 1:09 pm

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
i agree, not worth it to lose the 10,000 plus double base miles for $150.00 (approx.)
(plus change fee?)

was thinking about the same, GM99, but then saw the U fare, no double BASE miles....

Search this Thread