Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel Surcharge reduction schedule?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2005, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Fuel Surcharge reduction schedule?

This is supposed to be the fuel surcharge reduction schedule of AF. Is there a similar plan for Delta?

"AF has implemented the fuel surcharge in 4 steps :

1) May 19th, 2004
Long-haul : 3 euros
Medium-haul : 3 euros
Domestic : 3 euros
Threshold : 30 US $

2) August 24th, 2004
Long-haul, except COI : 12 euros
COI : 10 euros
Domestic : 2 euros
Threshold : 35 US $

3) October 11th, 2004
Long-haul : 11 euros
Threshold : 40 US $

4) April 20th, 2005
Long-haul : 8 euros
Medium-haul : 2 euros
Domestic : 1 euro
Threshold : 45 US $

Each fuel surcharge will be rescinded when, for 30 consecutive days, the price of a barrel of Brent on the IPE goes down to the threshold or below."
Old Nov 27, 2005, 8:33 am

Programs: DL DM
If memory serves me right here, US airlines don't add on a special "fee" for fuel or anything else. I could be wrong here but I think the US government does not allow such added "fees", only they the government could add on these types of fees.

They have to raise their fares to recoup those costs.

I'm sure someone will correct me quickly if I am wrong.

Originally Posted by TBJKickers
This is supposed to be the fuel surcharge reduction schedule of AF. Is there a similar plan for Delta?

"AF has implemented the fuel surcharge in 4 steps :

1) May 19th, 2004
Long-haul : 3 euros
Domestic : 3 euros
Threshold : 30 US $

2) August 24th, 2004
Long-haul, except COI : 12 euros
COI : 10 euros
Domestic : 2 euros
Threshold : 35 US $

3) October 11th, 2004
Long-haul : 11 euros
Threshold : 40 US $

4) April 20th, 2005
Long-haul : 8 euros
Medium-haul : 2 euros
Domestic : 1 euro
Threshold : 45 US $

Each fuel surcharge will be rescinded when, for 30 consecutive days, the price of a barrel of Brent on the IPE goes down to the threshold or below."
Old Nov 27, 2005, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
I wouldn't expect DL to reduce any ticket prices unless the competition forces them to -- they need the money.

Mike in Mpls.

Apologist at Large
Old Nov 27, 2005, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by SNAGuy
If memory serves me right here, US airlines don't add on a special "fee" for fuel or anything else. I could be wrong here but I think the US government does not allow such added "fees", only they the government could add on these types of fees.

They have to raise their fares to recoup those costs.

I'm sure someone will correct me quickly if I am wrong.
There are specific fuel surcharges in the Delta Fares, if you look in the fare rules on delta.com. I am sure about this at least as far as transatlantic travel is concerned.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There are specific fuel surcharges, but we don't see them as increments to an advertised fare. The only things that airlines can add to published fares are government-imposed taxes and fees.

A previous poster made reference to competive pressures & price. If, in essence, you're asking if there's a plan for systematic price reductions due to dropping fuel prices... ha ha ha: that's a good one. They charge what they can get.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.