Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

500 Bonus SkyMiles When You Fly With Delta Golf

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2000, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

http://www.delta-air.com/inside/sponsorships/index.jsp

Delta Golf

500 Bonus SkyMiles When You Fly With Delta Golf! If you are an existing SkyMiles Member Click here, to sign up for Delta Golf e-mail and receive the 500 Bonus SkyMiles

Old Aug 25, 2000, 2:23 pm

Originally posted by GM99:
http://www.delta-air.com/inside/sponsorships/index.jsp

Delta Golf

500 Bonus SkyMiles When You Fly With Delta Golf! If you are an existing SkyMiles Member Click here, to sign up for Delta Golf e-mail and receive the 500 Bonus SkyMiles
Thanks for that. Any more ideas for Delta miles. I Live in New Zealand and Delta don't fly her, but I need 1200 more miles to reach an award. Unfortunately, I cannot buy miles from Delta because they will not sell them to non US residents and I cannot enrol in Greenpoints because I have no US address.
Old Aug 25, 2000, 4:16 pm
Original Member

Gerry - have you signed up for the MCI/Delta calling card? Available to non-US residents, billed to a credit card, 5000 mile sign up bouns + 5 miles per US dollar spent on calls. You get the bonus as 1000 miles for each month (up to 5) you use the card. Essentially a short international call each month (costing over $1) qualifies you for the miles.
Old Aug 25, 2000, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

If I were you GERRY I would get a friend with a US address to be your mail recpient for Greenpoints.

If you have no US friends email me and I will help you
Old Aug 27, 2000, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
This sounded like a good idea, so I signed up, along with four family members, for Delta Golf e-mails. I waited a few days. No miles posted. I e-mailed Customer Care, asking about it. Got an answer (from Traci) that the miles would post 6-8 weeks after my flight. I replied that there IS no flight, just enrollment for e-mails. I said look at your own web-site! Second reply (from James): Miles will post in four months! I replied that four months is a ridiculous wait for something so simple. I got an e-mail confirming my enrollment within minutes. Why four months for the 500 bonus miles? No answer yet.

Bruce
Old Aug 27, 2000, 2:28 pm
Original Member

They're free - why hurry to give something away?
Old Aug 27, 2000, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Well, some people may need the miles sooner to get an award. (That's not my problem.) Other people, like me, may simply forget that they have the miles coming and not check to see if they ever got them. There's no valid business reason to make people wait so long.

Bruce
Old Aug 28, 2000, 10:01 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta Platinum
Just tell them it will be 4 months until you fly DL again.
Old Aug 28, 2000, 10:57 am
Original Member

[This message has been edited by james (edited 08-28-2000).]
Old Aug 29, 2000, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New developments:

I called Delta and asked -- for the fourth time, but first time by phone -- why no one in my family can get the 500-SkyMile bonus for signing up for Delta Golf e-mails. The nice (really!) Customer Care lady looked up this promotion on her computer and told me that you have to take a flight by December 31, in addition to enrolling for e-mails. Well, that works for me, since I fly all the time, but not for my family members, who don't.

I pointed out that the web-site says NOTHING about having to fly, just signing up for e-mails. After some time spent verifying this fact, the Customer Care lady agreed and manually credited everyone in my family with 500 miles.

I expect Delta to fix the web-site eventually so that it agrees with their intent. Meanwhile, don't expect to see the 500 bonus miles until you fly. Otherwise, you'll have to call like I did.

Bruce
Old Aug 29, 2000, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, by the way, the 500 bonus miles do not appear in the account detail on the web-site. They do appear in the total, however. More Delta data processing quirks, as we have all seen lately.

Bruce
Old Aug 31, 2000, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just as I predicted, Delta has changed its web-site (this morning) to say that you must enroll for e-mails by 10/15 and take a flight by 12/31. Then you get the 500 miles. Anyone who enrolled before today and does not expect to fly by 12/31 should complain about changing the rules in the middle of the game.

Bruce
Old Aug 31, 2000, 6:44 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
How would I ever know if I got the 500 miles if it does not show up in the on line statement in detail, but is reflected in my on line balance lumped in with other non detatiled credits? On my last few hard printed statements, I have had several "adjustment credits" made to my account but it does not say what they are for, or at least I can not figure it out easily. It is getting very hard to keep track of mileage and if Delta is doing this on purpose, it is time for the some government consumer protection agency to intervene. Perhaps in this new area of Internet and Consumer Protection Laws, we need some new laws that require posting of miles within 60 days. It just seems that airlines are taking advantage of the lack of laws, and causing their own future problems with the possibly of mounds of regulations.
Old Aug 31, 2000, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It shows up now on my account only. Here's what seems to be happening:

These kind of adjustments are posted without a date. "Dateless" transactions do not appear if they are at the top of the list. When something new comes along, with a date, at the top, then the dateless adjustment can be seen. That's what happened on my account; something new was posted on 8/29, and suddenly the adjustment could be seen as "Delta Golf 770" (500 bonus miles).

Obviously, this is a Delta data-processing glitch, but I'm starting to understand how it manifests itself. Maybe one day they'll get it fixed -- even better!

Bruce
Old Aug 31, 2000, 9:10 am
JRF

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
Bruce, maybe we should become IT consultants to DL. This can not be too hard to fix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.