No turkey dinner

Old Nov 25, 2005, 4:41 am
JRF
Original Poster

Programs: DL Flying Colonel
No turkey dinner

I thought I would be eating my turkey dinner on DL last night. No turkey dinner, no mention of thanksgiving. However, the 9 hour trip was fine, other then the coach product designed by Lou Cipher. The meal was actually very good, I had the beef. Still, I figured we would have had turkey, choice was chicken and beef. Not complaining...
Old Nov 25, 2005, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JRF
I thought I would be eating my turkey dinner on DL last night. No turkey dinner, no mention of thanksgiving. However, the 9 hour trip was fine, other then the coach product designed by Lou Cipher. The meal was actually very good, I had the beef. Still, I figured we would have had turkey, choice was chicken and beef. Not complaining...
JRF, you should tell us your itinerary.

The people that constantly bash you should remember that you do purchase tickets on DL, and that you do give credit to DL when credit is due. ^
Old Nov 25, 2005, 9:41 am
JRF
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
JRF, you should tell us your itinerary.

The people that constantly bash you should remember that you do purchase tickets on DL, and that you do give credit to DL when credit is due. ^
I flew DL 4427 ILM/ATL & DL 38 ATL/AMS

I have a lot to tell about the trip - some really interesting insight into ASA. However, I am still in route for this trip and will write a trip report when I return. I have several more countries to visit... none served by DL or DL partners.
Old Nov 25, 2005, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL DM (1.1MM), MR TEL, HH DL, Avis P+ National Ex+, blah blah blah
Arrow Please - do tell

Yes, please do tell us more about your trip/itin. You don't have to wait until its complete to begin posting - either here, or in the Trip Reports forum (with a link from here). Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2005, 5:11 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by JRF
Guessing an international flight at 9 hours long. Remember Thanksgiving is a US only holiday so guessing in an attempt not to offend non-Americans who might be on the overseas flight they didnt recognize it.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Lehava
Guessing an international flight at 9 hours long. Remember Thanksgiving is a US only holiday so guessing in an attempt not to offend non-Americans who might be on the overseas flight they didnt recognize it.
Huh? Who would be offended by a plate of turkey?
Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:19 am
JRF
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BamaVol
Huh? Who would be offended by a plate of turkey?
Now I undertand...

Other turkeys of course, and many of them work in DL management
Old Nov 28, 2005, 7:23 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by JRF
Now I undertand...

Other turkeys of course, and many of them work in DL management
Now that's the JRF we know and love.
I too would have thought DL might have asked their caterers to prepare a turkey choice on Thanksgiving but I guess they have bigger and better things to think about nowadays.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 12:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold (2.5MM program miles), Airtran A+ Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Memories...

Ahh, the good old days. I do remember -- not more than 10-15 years ago -- when every meal, both in F and Y, on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day was a hot turkey entree with all the trimmings.

Today: "May I please have the granola bar AND a bag of peanuts?" "Only after we 'feed' everyone else, sir."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.