www.saveskymiles.com or SSM Chronology

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2000, 8:06 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

www.saveskymiles.com or SSM Chronology

Hot off the press from tonights live chat with Randy:

Debut is likely to be sometime durring the afternoon of 10/20 and is worth checking out!

Randy's approach to the upcoming changes and an opportunity for you to voice your own opinion(s) to DL about them and also some possible alternative approaches will be a huge part of it!
www.saveskymiles.com

Old Oct 20, 2000, 5:06 am

Thx for the tip Doc!

I missed the live chat, but will check this out this afternoon... sounds interesting !

Old Oct 20, 2000, 12:41 pm
Original Member

It's up and running!

Check it out and encourage people to sign the online petition ...
Old Oct 20, 2000, 2:02 pm
doc
Original Poster

Perhaps site traffic has been very heavy since I've had some difficulty navigating it to sign the petition and so forth.

UPDATE: Much better now! Thanks!

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 10-20-2000).]
Old Oct 20, 2000, 5:13 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
A quote from the saveskymiles site:

"A growing number of Delta SkyMiles members are concerned that past and recently announced changes to the Medallion level may in fact create a new SkyMiles program that is no longer a strong competitor to other major frequent flyer programs offered by American, United, Northwest, Continental and US Airways."

This sounds like a speech in a meeting of Delta Air Lines management regarding their FF program. Businesses in a competitive marketplace constantly compare themselves to the competition. That is management's job, not the customers.

Normally, if the customers of a particular business don't like their way of doing business, they shop elsewhere. Management usually picks up on this quickly, and I don't think Delta would be an exception.

If you don't like the Delta FF program, fly another airline. Delta will improve its program much more quickly when they lose business, than they will with this kind of "lobbying" approach, IMHO. Delta does not have an incentive to improve the FF program if their current customers insist on sticking with Delta.
Old Oct 20, 2000, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL GM, 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHC Spire
Signed up, with my 2,000,000+ miles!
Old Oct 21, 2000, 2:54 pm

Thanks for the tip Doc Just signed up!
Old Oct 22, 2000, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In just two days there are 80 people signed up on Saveskymiles.com representing over 36 million miles. Way to go everyone, if you haven't done so, please sign up ASAP!!
Old Nov 2, 2000, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Advertising www.saveskymiles.com

Delta has placed computers in most Crown Rooms.

I have started leaving either http://www.saveskymiles.com/ or the Delta section of http://www.flyertalk.com/ open when I leave.

It pays to advertise!
Old Nov 2, 2000, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

PS, The Save Skymiles cards came today. Ill be handing them out starting Sunday AM.
Old Dec 18, 2000, 8:19 am
doc
Original Poster

www.saveskymiles.com covered in USA Today

www.saveskymiles.com in USA Today!

Business travelers are mobilizing on the Net to try to overturn changes in three airlines' frequent-flier programs.

Frustrated frequent fliers of Delta, United and Northwest airlines are creating Web sites, posting angry messages on bulletin boards and circulating petitions.

''It's like, all of a sudden people have become militant out there,'' says Randy Petersen, editor of InsideFlyer. ''They're saying, 'We don't find any rationality in these changes any more.' ''
http://www.usatoday.com/usatonline/2...8/2924605s.htm

See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/000808.html

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 12-18-2000).]
Old Dec 18, 2000, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

Here is the link to the USA Today article.
http://www.usatoday.com/usatonline/2...8/2924605s.htm

Some highlights:

Frustrated frequent fliers of Delta, United and Northwest airlines are creating Web sites, posting angry messages on bulletin boards and circulating petitions.

This fall, Northwest Airlines stopped awarding miles for its special CyberSavers discount fares.

Earlier this month, United Airlines replaced paper certificate upgrades with electronic ones. The effect is that a 500-mile flight limit on a single North American upgrade is strictly enforced now.
Old Dec 20, 2000, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Suggestions for www.saveskymiles.com

It might not be a bad idea to either place a link to the WSJ and U.S.A. Today articles (and any others that pop up) on the www.saveskymiles.com home page. This would add significant information for the people that check in.

I also saw several references on this site to people who would love to sign the petition but want to read it first. This makes sence. So the petition itself should be posted.
Old Dec 20, 2000, 9:29 am

I agree 100% with your second comment. I'm not happy with DL but I'm sure as hell not going to blindly submit my name to a "stealth" petition that I can't read beforehand.

If this website wants to be effective they will spell out the petition in complete detail. I suspect the petition doesn't even exist!!!

It's totally ambiguous as to what specific actions they are asking from Uncle Leo.

Originally posted by mikey1003:
It might not be a bad idea to either place a link to the WSJ and U.S.A. Today articles (and any others that pop up) on the www.saveskymiles.com home page. This would add significant information for the people that check in.

I also saw several references on this site to people who would love to sign the petition but want to read it first. This makes sence. So the petition itself should be posted.
Old Dec 20, 2000, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker

One of the common complaints we have about Delta is that they do not listen, that they do not read these boards, that they will not respond to emails or even letters on that famous million miler stationary.

Now, taking that concern and relating it to the SaveSkymiles.com board. I keep seeing folks post notes that they do not want to sign the petition without seeing what that petition is. I have yet to see any response from the web site owners regarding those requests.

hmmmmmmm!?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.