Called me at home???

Old Oct 10, 00, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Called me at home???

I received a call last night from Delta Airlines. They wanted to know whether I had experienced any problems with Delta recently because I had not flown them as much as in previous years. They then offered me double miles until the end of the year!

Has anyone else had this phone call.

------------------
speedbird001
Old Oct 10, 00, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
I guess they're catching on. I was some level of Medallion (usually Gold; Royal under the old program) for years until I stopped flying with DL totally and instantly in April 1998. I switched to AA, mostly because of better schedules on my routes but partly over the L fare bit. I never heard a peep from them.

As it happens, they're improving service from Boston - nonstops to LAX, code-shares with Air France to Europe - but I don't plan to switch back. If they'd paid more attention to me then, I might give it more thought now.
Old Oct 11, 00, 10:51 am

I got the same phone call this week. I've been a GM for several years, but this year my travel comittments went way down. The Delta employee asked if there was some reason why I was not flying with Delta as much, what did I like/dislike about the SkyMiles program, etc. He said that between now and Dec. 15 any travel I do will award me an additional 1000 base miles per segment for domestic, 3000 base miles per segment for international travel.
Old Oct 11, 00, 12:26 pm
Original Member

that's quite an offer: so, each one-way from ATL to LGW would net you 7,228 base miles. Now, that's not bad at all.

Better yet, route yourself thru CDG to a European destination outside France and you'll get four international segments on one round-trip: 12,000 base miles in addition to the flight base miles. That's very close to SM after one trip.
Old Oct 11, 00, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

By the way, the one thing that concerned me was whether he really worked for Delta. Once I established the fact that he wasn't asking for my credit card number, I made him tell me how many miles I had in my account.

------------------
speedbird001

Search this Thread