Delta Award Travel to Singapore ???

Old Sep 28, 00, 10:24 am
msb
Original Poster

Delta Award Travel to Singapore ???

Do the Air Singapore Awards from the U.S. to Singapore (using Delta miles) include the domestic portion (from my home in ATL) to the gateway (LAX/SFO/EWR)? If I cash in a Business Class award, would I get 1st class
on the domestic (Delta) leg?

Thanks,

Mark
Old Sep 28, 00, 10:40 am

The award ticket will include the domestic portion of your travel, though with a business class ticket, you will only get a coach seat. Only a first class award ticket with SIA will get you a first class seat on the domestic leg. I think the first class seat is 130K miles and it is an experience to savor, the highlight is when they convert your seat to a single bed while you put on the jammies they give you (wearing the jammies is optional, of course).
Old Sep 28, 00, 4:02 pm

We flew JFK-BKK on a Delta Award on Singapore Air (Raffles/Business Class).

The award covers your US travel to/from the gateway. Our travel from JFK to SFO was in BizElite. Coming home, DL made a "schedule change" and removed the LAX-SFO red-eye and re-routed us LAX-ATL-LGA. These segments were in First, as there was only 2-cabin (First/Coach) service.

We managed to get on the LAX-JFK UA red-eye, so we never took the LAX-ATL-LGA segments.

So, I guess the short answer to your question is "yes."
Old Sep 28, 00, 5:31 pm
Original Member

Here's the deal according to a DL agent at the Partner Award Desk:

If you're on an SQ award in Biz., you will get Coach on the connecting DL flights unless they sell the flight in Business Class. Examples of such flights are BOS - LAX, JFK - LAX, JFK - SFO, JFK - SAN, CVG - PDX and ATL - PDX. Then, you get Business Elite.
Old Sep 29, 00, 10:00 am
msb
Original Poster

Thank you all for the information. I'm not sure whether I'll travel Biz or 1st. I guess since I have the miles, I might as well go all the way.

Looking at the Delta (Singapore) award chart,
it shows various awards. Is Singapore considered S.E. Asia (or West Asia or N. Asia)?

Thanks,

Mark
Old Sep 29, 00, 11:28 am

Mark - Singapore is in SouthEast Asia. When are you planning to go ? During the Christmas season, 1st class seats were hard to get. Last year I flew to Manila using Singapore, my domestic routing was ATL-SFO/LAX-LAS-ATL (red eye).

Leroy11 - thanks for the clarification, had me worried that I was going bonkers.
Old Sep 29, 00, 2:08 pm
msb
Original Poster

loco miler,

Thanks for that info. Don't know when I'm going, but it won't be during Christmas season. Just thinking of things to do with my miles!

Regards,

Mark
Old Oct 3, 00, 5:21 pm

Programs: Nada!
my wife and I flew Raffles to Bali on miles. We had 1st class in the US on Delta. It was a nice way to burn some miles.
Old Oct 4, 00, 12:54 pm

Leroy11, perhaps they changed the policy.

As indicated, I never flew what was to be the "F" portion, but instead flew BizElite and got protected in United Business class (which was as luxurious as coach!).

Although it would seem that sr. tipitinas had the same experience. Oh well...

Search this Thread