Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Medallion Help

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2005, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

DL Medallion Help

I just started flying DL in early 2005. I have earned just over 25k MQM's so far and should be silver this Friday as I have read on this board that status updates on Fridays.

QUESTION #1
I have a Plat Bus. Delta Amex has over 65k purchases in 8 months this year and my enroll date is 12/04. I asked Amex when the 10k mqm would be added and they said that I ahd to wait until 12/05 and then wait an add'l 8-12 weeks. This will ruin my chances at making Gold. Has anyone had any luck getting Amex to budge on this? I don't read the terms and conditions this way. I see it as noting that spending MUST be in that period but not that the award cannot be achieved once spending hits the 25k level. I also have a personal Plat Delta Amex is over 25k and my enroll date is 1/05. So same problem here.

QUESTION #2
Will I get 10k mqm's for each card for spending.

qUESTION #3
I do have a song flight coming up in Nov from LAX to MCO. This should give me an additional 5542 mqm's. This would bring my total to 30,968.

I guess I need to hope those mqm's can get posted or I need to consider a serioius MR out of airports in the lax area.

Thanks,

Ed

Ideas?
Old Oct 4, 2005, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Ed,

Status updates post on Saturday evenings, not Friday.

AMEX MQMs do not take 10-12 weeks to post, or at least they haven't in my case. They post very soon after your renewal month and, IIRC, the transaction is dated in the month that you 'earned' them. They should post in 01/05 with an effective date of whatever date in 12/05. Delta will retroactively give you GM status once that posting happens, although you may have to phone in to point it out to them.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 6:52 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Crown Room Club Member, United Mileage Plus, HiltonHonors
Question 1 --- Mine posted within weeks of spending the required amounts. Don't believe everything the AMEX agents tell you. You probably were talking to a "newbie" or someone who didn't know what they were talking about.

Question 2 --- You should.

Question 3 --- This is a statement. What's the question?
Old Oct 6, 2005, 5:13 am

jmscsc, your case may be an exception. My 10K MQMs have always posted shortly after my anniversary date (January) even though the $25K level was achieved months earlier. Actually, that's what I prefer since it gets me off to a good start on status for the next year. I believe most of the posts I've read on this subject have stated that the anniversary date is the determining factor on getting the MQMs. Of course, YMMV. (and in your case did)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.