Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Boarding on a Shuttle when it is not really a Shuttle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM (where is my Diamond Tiara?)

I have a flight coming up SLC/PDX where the jet is a Boeing 737-800 Shuttle Version (738).

It is going to be my first time in a shuttle class configured jet. Is it boarded by zone? I'm in row 3. What zone is that likely to put me in?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:57 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom
I have a flight coming up SLC/PDX where the jet is a Boeing 737-800 Shuttle Version (738).

It is going to be my first time in a shuttle class configured jet. Is it boarded by zone? I'm in row 3. What zone is that likely to put me in?
If it is not a shuttle, then you'll be in first class.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 8:25 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
Since you are a GM, you will be first to board.

-=tg=-
Old Aug 18, 2005, 8:31 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 7:11 am
Old Aug 18, 2005, 9:23 am

Programs: US GP, DL GM, HH Gold, StarWood Gold, Marriot Silver

They fly these in and out of TLH to ATL all of the time- they board like a regular 737 by zone, not like the shuttle. Consider it an upgrade over regular coach, except that everyone on board is upgraded as well. Exit rows are worth the extra room on these, if you do not mind waiting a few minutes getting off. Otherwise stay in the front, particularly if is a short hop.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.

I thought I read that shuttles were boarded in the cattle-car-all-rush-on-board style and I started getting paranoid.

BTW,vinnmann, I'm a she.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 1:38 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 7:11 am
Old Aug 18, 2005, 2:29 pm

I've been on shuttle aircraft about 5 times on non shuttle fights, sitting between and on the exit rows and bulk head and have been in 1 every time as a GM, YMMV.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL GM SkyClub; Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HILTON DIAMOND
"Although, I am a 'he', I have been referred to as a Mother on occasion. However, the word Mother was generally followed by another descriptive word. "
GREAT STUFF!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vinnmann
Shuttle flights are boarded in the rush on board style. However, you flight is only on a shuttle configured aircraft and is not a shuttle flight.
It is the rush on board thing that I really hate. I'm 5'2" and I don't think I'm visible to anyone over...say about 5'6". In an out and out rush to the finish I'm going to get run over no matter how well placed my elbow jabs are.

Originally Posted by vinnmann
My bad for the he/she mix up. Your handle gives it away that you are likely a 'she'. Although, I am a 'he', I have been referred to as a Mother on occasion. However, the word Mother was generally followed by another descriptive word.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 7:31 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
It is the rush on board thing that I really hate. I'm 5'2" and I don't think I'm visible to anyone over...say about 5'6". In an out and out rush to the finish I'm going to get run over no matter how well placed my elbow jabs are.
I wouldn't be so sure. I'm 6'4" and unfortunately, I can tell you from experience that a well-placed elbow jab from someone your height can cause a lot of discomfort to someone my height.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.