FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Poor Customer Service-the end of DL is near (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/461302-poor-customer-service-end-dl-near.html)

sr_tipitinas Aug 10, 2005 11:21 am

Poor Customer Service-the end of DL is near

I am now 100% convinced that Delta is going bankrupt. I called customer service around 10:00 pm last night to change a ticket. The agent in Bombay had to transfer me to the re-issue desk. On the first attempt, I was on hold for 20 minutes and hung up. The next try took 16 minutes before they answered. It was unbelievably slow and when you are on hold, there was no music or anything. They ended up messing up my flight changes which took another 20 minutes to fix this morning.

It was the worst customer service I had with Delta in about 10 years. I talked to so many Indians I felt like I was in the UN. Those agents are nice but completely clueless on how to deal with a situation that is not textbook. Delta is cutting way too many corners on their cost savings.

DAL767-400ER Aug 10, 2005 11:52 am

So the end for DL is near because they outsource their reservations center to India? In that case the end is near for UA or AA as well. Gotta love logics based on a single experience.

N808DE Aug 10, 2005 12:26 pm

Many companies outsource these days [mine included] and very few people complain about the customer service. Even fewer actually cancel or take their business elsewhere. [Much less than 1%.] Sorry you had a bad experience but outsourcing is saving DL $, not sealing their fate with potentially lost customers.

vinnmann Aug 10, 2005 12:42 pm

Deleted

elpi Aug 10, 2005 12:47 pm

End of Delta and I have almost 1M miles left!

nd_eric_77 Aug 10, 2005 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by elpi
End of Delta and I have almost 1M miles left!

careful what you say... a DL lurker might "out" you for actually only having 732,463 miles and calling it "almost 1M miles".

;)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460468

chsb Aug 10, 2005 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by DAL767-400ER
So the end for DL is near because they outsource their reservations center to India? In that case the end is near for UA or AA as well. Gotta love logics based on a single experience.

AA doesn't out source their reservations to India.

felis Aug 10, 2005 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by sr_tipitinas
I am now 100% convinced that Delta is going bankrupt. I called customer service around 10:00 pm last night to change a ticket. ....

Another point of view with same conclusion:

I wanted to buy a CVG-CDG flight on Delta, my favorite flight number, which is now going very high in price, presumably because it is still overbooked as it was these past years (I was presuming).

Could not get any decent price this time as I could not last time, and had to go to AF again with correspondance on CO via EWR.

My flight back on CO to EWR (before the final AF EWR-CDG) was cancelled because of the weather. Had to be rerouted, and to struggle to get a decent proposal.

Finally, I got... the DL 44 where they still had 'SOME' seats.

I could not believe it.
The AF planes are full, long time to go to the toilet, poor or medium service, and this DL fligh was only 1/3 full, poor service too, very poor meal, no wine as I forgot my bunch of coupons, but at least I got 3 empty seats on the 31 row, which is usually reserved for medallions like me. I was the only one.
The 30 was nearly empty too. Only one PAX for 3 seats too.

I even wanted to spend 25 000 miles for an upgrade, but that is not possible at the gate. Anyway, I was rerouted on Y which is good for upgrade, but had no idea I would come to seat again on DL.

If Delta had been a little smarter, they could compete with AF, take them some PAX, and have people like me burning some miles, even if they would have requested 30 000 instead of 25 000 for last minute upgrade, I would have given them.

But Delta is not very creative.
And Delta is not good at all when it give me a breakfest composed of just a plain hot bagel with a small unit of jam, plus a banana (cold!) and an orange juice. That is not breakfest, just junk....

BamaVol Aug 10, 2005 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by DAL767-400ER

By the same logic, based on my only recent experience with the IRS helpline (which as far as I could tell had not been outsourced to India), I can only conclude that the US government is about to collapse. :D

Robert Leach Aug 10, 2005 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by felis
And Delta is not good at all when it give me a breakfest composed of just a plain hot bagel with a small unit of jam, plus a banana (cold!) and an orange juice.

You wanted the banana hot???

777 global mile hound Aug 10, 2005 4:05 pm

Frustration runs high no question

I certainly don't think the end of Delta is near anytime soon.
It appears fairly obvious that a BIG B plus restructuring may be in store.

But I ask Delta even on a public forum is it worth six months and countless hours on the phone for all the parties to post a silly single online booking bonus for Delta award travel ?
That should have posted online by itself many months ago
What is the big problem here? :rolleyes:
Why is it that your global call center overseas has struggled to understand your simple promotions and how one qualifies.
It isn't rocket science

Doesn't productivity count for anything when reaching customer contact or reservations.
If this will bring you to profitability so be it.
I do feel for your customers and they do deserve reasonable levels of support.

All of our time is valuable and I if it weren't for my patience and understanding of what a great program Delta has I would probably never do any business with you again.

I'm one of those routing for Delta to make it.
With that said it is hard to be optomistic with some of the weakened communications and service support of those that don't understand your company, procedures and promotions.
Hopefully wherever you decide to set up shop for customer service now or in the future the front lines will be better trained and serve the needs of your customers better down the road

djlandkpl Aug 10, 2005 4:08 pm

Why not just make the change online?

pbiflyer Aug 10, 2005 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
careful what you say... a DL lurker might "out" you for actually only having 732,463 miles and calling it "almost 1M miles".

;)

To heck with that, careful what you say. Dovster may become your new best friend with all those spare miles. :eek:

hfly Aug 10, 2005 4:29 pm

Are those tht keep saying "the end is near" aware that UA for example has been in Ch. 11 for several years now??? Personally I hope that DL does a Ch. 11 already and clean up everything it has to, then get back to being a real airline (remember that CO and US have been down this road several times before).

777 global mile hound Aug 10, 2005 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
Are those tht keep saying "the end is near" aware that UA for example has been in Ch. 11 for several years now??? Personally I hope that DL does a Ch. 11 already and clean up everything it has to, then get back to being a real airline (remember that CO and US have been down this road several times before).

Like a cat they have probably have more then a few lives ahead of them :)