FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Six New Orlando Routes via Delta Connection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/461268-six-new-orlando-routes-via-delta-connection.html)

MAH4546 Aug 10, 2005 9:52 am

Six new Orlando routes

Six new Orlando routes will be loaded this weekend. They are the first to be operated by Mesa, some FF'ers will definitley think that these stretch the limits of CRJ flying. Once they go public, I'll post them here.

pbiflyer Aug 10, 2005 10:29 am

Song to add more Florida Routes too

From the Palm Beach Post

Beginning Nov. 1, Song will raise its daily nonstop round-trip flights between JFK and Palm Beach International Airport to four from two, Song President Joanne Smith said. No ticket prices were announced, but the one-way fare now is $69, according to Song's Web site.

To grab a bigger share of passengers from the Northeast, Song plans to add daily flights to Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Tampa from New York's JFK and Boston's Logan International.

Song also will begin nonstop service between Orlando and San Francisco and add an additional nonstop flight between Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles. The Orlando-San Francisco flight starts Nov. 4, and the other new flights start Nov. 1.

MAH4546 Aug 10, 2005 10:56 am

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
From the Palm Beach Post

Beginning Nov. 1, Song will raise its daily nonstop round-trip flights between JFK and Palm Beach International Airport to four from two, Song President Joanne Smith said. No ticket prices were announced, but the one-way fare now is $69, according to Song's Web site.

The article fails to mention one thing: they are simply moving two daily PBI-LGA flights to JFK. Song will still fly the same frequency, 6x daily, on PBI-NYC, it will just switch to 4x JFK/2x LGA rather than 2x JFK/4x LGA.

Song is reducing LaGuardia operations this winter by almost half. PBI/MCO/TPA will be twice daily. FLL will be at 3x daily thanks with a business traveller's schedule of morning/noon/evening departures both ways.

DAL767-400ER Aug 10, 2005 11:54 am

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Six new Orlando routes will be loaded this weekend. They are the first to be operated by Mesa, some FF'ers will definitley think that these stretch the limits of CRJ flying. Once they go public, I'll post them here.

Stretch the limits of CRJ flying? Time to get the Great Circle Mapper and enter some speculative routes :D . Although I could see a Wal*Mart Sun Express MCO-XNA ;) .

Edit: After looking at an old timetable, I got the idea that some former DLX markets would fit that description, namely MCO-ROC, MCO-BUF, MCO-SYR, MCO-PVD, MCO-ALB and MCO-MCI. Looking forward to see how many I'v got correct :p .

MKE-MR Aug 10, 2005 2:35 pm

MCO-SLC! :D

Traveller Aug 10, 2005 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by MKE-MR
MCO-SLC! :D

I hope this doesn't become a CRJ route. :(

DAL767-400ER Aug 10, 2005 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Traveller
I hope this doesn't become a CRJ route. :(

Not unless DL wants to operate MCO-SLC 10x daily, with all flights having a scheduled fuel stop at OKC ;) .

mersk862 Aug 10, 2005 7:35 pm

PVD-MCO and ISP-MCO? Both were former Delta Express routes that were axed with 9/11 (ISP) and with the advent of Song (PVD), and both would be at the extreme end of CRJ flying, but definetely possible...

Of course, there is Southwest on both these routes...

Traveller Aug 10, 2005 7:41 pm

MCO-MLB. :D (That would be a nice quick 500 MQMs for me).

indufan Aug 10, 2005 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862
PVD-MCO and ISP-MCO? Both were former Delta Express routes that were axed with 9/11 (ISP) and with the advent of Song (PVD), and both would be at the extreme end of CRJ flying, but definetely possible...

The extreme end of CRJ flying?

NLINK Aug 10, 2005 8:29 pm

One is MCO-CHA 1 flight a day.

ecaarch Aug 11, 2005 8:52 am

What would actual flight time be? Maybe 7 min, 42 secs? :D

MAH4546 Aug 11, 2005 9:31 am

CHA is one of them, as mentioned.

No Providence, and no Kansas City or Islip. The markets that are being added are more along the lines of Chattanooga and Tri-Cities in terms of a "I never though they'd have non-stop service to Florida" reaction.

Fins Aug 11, 2005 9:53 am

I grew up in MLB and back in the 70's Eastern did fly from MLB-MCO-ATL. I did it a lot.

GWU ESIA STUDENT Aug 11, 2005 11:09 am

Originally Posted by MAH4546
CHA is one of them, as mentioned.

No Providence, and no Kansas City or Islip. The markets that are being added are more along the lines of Chattanooga and Tri-Cities in terms of a "I never though they'd have non-stop service to Florida" reaction.

Idle speculation at work for possible cities-
CHW, ROA, MDT, XNA, BTR, PAD, FWA, LAN, ILM