Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Employees upgrd over medallion?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Spiff
Employees should be accommodated in F only after all paying/upgrading passengers have been accommodated.
Hi Spiff,
I'm quite new around here and I completely disagree with you.
First of all, you are entitled just to what you pay for. So if you think you deserve FC seat... just buy it

I really can't see why people do get upset with not getting upgraded if employees get it. If you run a restaurant and your friends/colleagues come over don't you serve them the last bottle of the good wine you have?
Or you give that bottle to a returning customer who just ordered thr cheap one, but think he deserves the better one?

that's my point of view of course )
good luck for your next upgrade!

maclover
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
First, a FT welcome to mouseout.

That being said, what is it about the Delta forum, that any oportunity to bash employees or suspect a conspiracy is always jumped on by the same members.

No one seems to have a handle on what the facts are here, but that doesn't seem to matter.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 12:57 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by USCGamecock
It is amazing to me that people should tell other companies how to run their business. You don't know the perks and benefits other companies give their employees. What makes you think you have the right to tell Delta how to operate their company. If you don't like it, fly another airline. I hear the same crap from people who think if you have extra football tickets you should offer them for face value - this from the same people who wouldn't pay face value in the "low attendance" times.

The flying rules are simple - if you don't have a confirmed upgrade, the GA(or the screen) will let you know if you get one. If DL decided to put one of their own in an upgraded seat, it isn't your business. Buy enough stock and put yourself on the BOD and get the policy changed. Until then, start up your own airline, buy a FC ticket, fly another carrier, or drive. Quit griping about how DL should run their airline.
Any airline that upgrades its employees over customers isn't going to get much of my business.

When UA was pulling those stunts, I stopped flying them. Out of DEN no less. Having DL comp me unrequested made the switch even easier.

DL can put anyone they want into their F seats. But if that means no upgrade for me on an eligible fare, then I won't be one of the people propping up their $2 stock in the future.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:00 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by maclover
I really can't see why people do get upset with not getting upgraded if employees get it. If you run a restaurant and your friends/colleagues come over don't you serve them the last bottle of the good wine you have?
Or you give that bottle to a returning customer who just ordered thr cheap one, but think he deserves the better one?
If I am a frequent diner and I see the last bottle of good wine served to the the staff when I am used to getting that wine as an upgrade to the cheaper wine I usually buy as a frequent customer, then yes, I'll go eat down the street in the future.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by maclover
Hi Spiff,
I'm quite new around here and I completely disagree with you.
First of all, you are entitled just to what you pay for. So if you think you deserve FC seat... just buy it

This seems like such an absurd comparison that I hardly know where to begin. Do you know ANY restaurants which ADVERTISE free wine upgrades for elite customers? DL and other airlines advertise free space-available upgrades for elites. Analogy fails.

And to the person who thinks we are "telling DL how to run their company", no, we are pointing out when DL treats its most loyal pax poorly. Upgrading an employee over an elite (when the elite is on an upgradeable fare) is not treating the elite well.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:25 pm

Perhaps the Gate Agent was simply treating the FAs to First Class while there was still the opportunity to do so.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM UA 1MM, HY Global, Bon Lft Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by mouseout
I was recently on a flight and denied an upgrade, but the 1st cabin was definitely home to 5 or 6 attendants in uniform. Does Delta have a policy on this? Is it possible the DL employees are medallion members too?
Too few facts to be able to make any kind of reasonable assessment, but that doesn't stop the employee bashing.

Was it just a rant?

Last edited by dlflyer2; Aug 10, 2005 at 2:33 pm
Old Aug 10, 2005, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL-S,NW-S,*W-P,6C-Pl&RA
Earlier this year, returning from Brazil on discounted Business Class (I) and connecting to GSO (F). My connecting flight was cancelled. I was downgraded to coach on re-scheduled flight and several Delta uniformed pilots rode in first class.

I wrote to understand the policy as to why a Platinum re-scheduled by Delta cancel would be downgraded and 2 pilots would fly in first - 1 in my seat as far as I was concerned.

I received a nominal 5,000 mile donation to my account and a refund of less than $ 100. The next Business Class ticket I purchased to Brazil I used Continental Airlines. So there is a cost to incredibly poor decisions by Delta employees and gate agents in how they assign seats to non-revenue passengers. You clearly should take care of those who bring in revenue before any non-revenue accomodations. I would remove a non-revenue from First to accomodate a re-scheduled Platinum or F fare client.

FWIW - I was a disgruntled client after flying all night for the whole scenario to unfold as it did.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PFKNC
The next Business Class ticket I purchased to Brazil I used Continental Airlines.
Welcome to CO. CO BF is much better than Delta BE (5 across verus BE 6 across). You will never see a CO employee in front over a paying Elite on domestic flights. Co will be here next year, DL may not.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 7:40 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Earlier this year, returning from Brazil on discounted Business Class (I) and connecting to GSO (F). My connecting flight was cancelled. I was downgraded to coach on re-scheduled flight and several Delta uniformed pilots rode in first class.

I wrote to understand the policy as to why a Platinum re-scheduled by Delta cancel would be downgraded and 2 pilots would fly in first - 1 in my seat as far as I was concerned.

I received a nominal 5,000 mile donation to my account and a refund of less than $ 100. The next Business Class ticket I purchased to Brazil I used Continental Airlines. So there is a cost to incredibly poor decisions by Delta employees and gate agents in how they assign seats to non-revenue passengers. You clearly should take care of those who bring in revenue before any non-revenue accomodations. I would remove a non-revenue from First to accomodate a re-scheduled Platinum or F fare client.

FWIW - I was a disgruntled client after flying all night for the whole scenario to unfold as it did.
Now this is a legitimate gripe. If you were confirmed on an earlier flight, then yu should have priority for the front over any non-revenue pax period.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 7:59 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM

Excellent example. Any company that utilizes such a policy views your custom as a transaction and not a relationship and is not worthy of your repeat business. Some companies learn the hard way!
Old Aug 10, 2005, 10:58 pm

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by cova
Welcome to CO. CO BF is much better than Delta BE (5 across verus BE 6 across). You will never see a CO employee in front over a paying Elite on domestic flights. Co will be here next year, DL may not.
Right. I'll give you 5 to 1 that DL will be operating next year.
Old Aug 10, 2005, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jfulcher
Right. I'll give you 5 to 1 that DL will be operating next year.
I'd say 20 to 1.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. I'll take that action.

2. This thread has quickly degraded into absolute idiocy.
Old Aug 11, 2005, 5:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, HH Diamond, Ritz Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Delta Platinum, Starwood Gold,
I disagree with USCGamecock, airline employees should only be flying first class AFTER all paying customers have been upgraded. The GA is not thinking of the customer first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.