Upgrade not cleared

Old Aug 3, 05, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sky Miles Gold Medallion, American Airlines Platnium, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Silver
Upgrade not cleared

I am flying Boston to Atlanta this coming Saturday on flight 349, GM on U fare. My connecting flight cleared the upgrade (V Fare), but the flight to Atlanta did not clear. I checked the detal.com inventory and there are 6 seats open up front ... why didn't my upgrade clear and do I still have a chance at being upgraded?
Old Aug 3, 05, 7:39 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt, SPG Platinum
You didn't clear because seats in 'V' class on BOS-ATL were not available at your window opening. Seats are held back for actual purchases before departure. Put yourself on the upgrade list at the airport kiosk. I would think you have a pretty decent shot of winning the gate lottery.
Old Aug 3, 05, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sky Miles Gold Medallion, American Airlines Platnium, Marriott Silver, SPG Gold, HHonors Silver
Does this mean there is no chance of clearning before getting to the airport? I missed my oppertunity and now it's gone? If so can I get on the list by checking in online or does it have to be done at the airport?
Old Aug 3, 05, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Clank
When I don't clear at my window, the upgrade doesn't clear before the flight. When you get to the airport make sure you get on the airport upgrade/standby list. You can do this through the kiosk or an agent. Good luck!
Old Aug 3, 05, 11:20 am

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Like the others said, put yourself on the upgrade list at the kiosk when you get to the airport. It might be tough to upgrade the BOS-ATL connections b/c of the high number of PMs typically on those flights. Good luck!

On a similar note, a few months ago I was on an H fare from MSY to ATL waiting to upgrade and I found myself 14th on the list for 8 seats. I was in the CRC and the agent told me there was a convention in town with everyone leaving and a bunch a PM/MMs on (presumably) better fares were ahead of me. First time that ever happened to me at MSY.
Old Aug 3, 05, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

I am hoping that with it being a saturday there won't be as many PM's on the flight .... guess i'll find out in a couple days.
Old Aug 3, 05, 1:35 pm

Programs: MAR Plat, DL GM, SPG Gold
Good luck! Coach is sold out and there's only 4 F seats left to sell. I was in a situation like this in April but on a 732. Never thought I'd clear, but I did.
Old Aug 3, 05, 1:48 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 07 at 2:14 pm
Old Aug 3, 05, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

777 & shuttle? You mean DL has configured the 777 to have no first class? When did this happen? When I used to fly MCO/ATL the 777 had 1st.
Old Aug 3, 05, 5:31 pm

Deleted

Old Aug 3, 05, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks Vinn, I see how I read it wrong now.

Amazing, I cleared for the Monday morning MLB-ATL flight in L class. The ATL-BHM (26 minute flight ) hasn't cleared.
Old Aug 4, 05, 5:55 am

Programs: MAR Plat, DL GM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Traveller
777 & shuttle? You mean DL has configured the 777 to have no first class? When did this happen? When I used to fly MCO/ATL the 777 had 1st.
That's the next enhancement.
Old Aug 4, 05, 6:57 am

Deleted

Old Aug 4, 05, 7:41 am

Programs: DL - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Hilton - Diamond, SPG- Plat, National- ES
I have a Boston to Atlanta tomorrow and I have not cleared. This is personal ticket and is in T class so even as a PM I am not hopeful for this or the return on Sunday. (I had not thought about bumping, but the plane looks pretty full from the seat map... hmm... I could always use DL dollars!)

Search this Thread