Wiki Posts
Search

Delta vouchers valid after bankruptcy?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2005, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2MM
Delta vouchers valid after bankruptcy?

I have about $1400 in Delta dollars from denied boarding compensation. Does anyone know if such vouchers are honored in bankruptcy, or should I go ahead and book flights now before the possible September Chapter 11 filing?

I searched the posts and found only reference to TWA, whose vouchers AA was not honoring after buying its assets.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 8:11 pm

iffy

I have had some experience with this. I would first assume that DL would not liquidate, so they are going to continue flying. Its not like they are destitute, they just have too much weight of costs on them. Second, your odds are not good after bankruptcy. I have never seen an instance where some other carrier honored the failed carrier's credits. I have see them honor tickets, but not credits. Watch the situation, and if it looks for sure, book things you will need in the coming months. tickets have value, and I think other carriers are required to offer space to you. credits may or may not have value
Old Aug 2, 2005, 8:13 pm

you might also want to check with United flyers in that forum. They may have some insight. UA has been in 11 for some time now.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:20 pm
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
Did I miss something? Is another carrier buying Delta's assets after a planned September Chapter 7 liquidation filing?

Seriously, you have nothing to worry about. You could hedge your bets and use all $1400 and fly right now, but that seems foolish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.