Does this sound right - 1st day to book SM?

Old Aug 2, 05, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Does this sound right - 1st day to book SM?

The Indian Delta rep gave me info that I suspect is correct, but I just wanted to verify it with the group here as I've had little experience with Award reservations.

I was trying to put an award itinerary from Hawaii on hold. I already have the outbound on hold and was working on the return. I really want to come back on 6/30 (which I can't search until tomorrow), but there was availability showing on 6/29 so I thought I'd also put this on hold until I make sure I can get the 30th.

He tried at some length to hold this and was unsuccessful. He told me it was because the flight starts on 6/29, but the second leg is on 6/30. That rings true.

I lost a little faith in him when I inquired about one of the new flights from KOA. He said they didn't fly from there to Tennessee. I ask the same question of another rep on Sunday and she had no problem finding it, though there was no availability.

Thanks,

Sheila
Old Aug 2, 05, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by swilshire
I lost a little faith in him when I inquired about one of the new flights from KOA. He said they didn't fly from there to Tennessee. I ask the same question of another rep on Sunday and she had no problem finding it, though there was no availability.

Thanks,

Sheila
You were correct in losing a little faith in him.
It stands to reason that if DL flies from KOA to SLC, then DL flies from KOA to any and every city they serve.
SLC is a major hub and flights to any other DL destination are possible.Perhaps not available but certainly possible.
At any rate, good luck in securing the dates/flights you desire.

Search this Thread