CDG DL / AF Connections

Old Aug 1, 05, 11:21 pm
dab
Original Poster

Programs: UA DL
CDG DL / AF Connections

I am flying on a DL award ticket this month to Paris. I am purchasing a separate ticket to Spain from CDG on AF and will be arriving from Spain at 9:30am to CDG 2 Terminal D and will have to catch the flight to Atlanta that leaves at 11:45am from CDG 2 Terminal E.

It has been a few years since I have been in that airport. I have two questions:

1. Can I have my baggage checked by AF all the way to my US destination. Since there are two tickets, one paid AF Spain - CDG one award DL CDG-USA, can I make that happen?

2. What is the latest time that I have to check in to my 11:45am DL flight at CDG? Will I and / or my baggage make the flight?

Thanks for any assistance.
Old Aug 1, 05, 11:48 pm

AF can check your baggage through even though you have two tickets. Just make sure that you have a printout or ticket for the second itinerary on hand when you first check in.

I suspect that AF in Spain may not be able to check you in for the onward flight but it is worth a try. The transfer desk should be able to check you in once you arrive in CDG. I think the technical time limit is -2 hrs from departure. Even CDG should be able to get your baggage to the second flight given your connection time!
Old Aug 3, 05, 10:57 pm
dab
Original Poster

Programs: UA DL
Celticflyer thanks for the learned info.
Old Aug 3, 05, 11:34 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by dab
Celticflyer thanks for the learned info.
dab Given all of your research and best efforts-- don't pack anything that you could not bear losing. Really!! CDG is notorious for missing and late luggage. (irrespective of your connecting time)

Search this Thread