FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Delta Charges Cents. Delta Pays Cents. This Makes No Sense... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/458219-delta-charges-cents-delta-pays-cents-makes-no-sense.html)

remyontheroad Feb 1, 2005 11:46 am

Yeah, the Turkish Lira just had 6 zeros lopped off. It was devalued so that 1,000,000 is now 1.

And speaking of Turkish Lira, it was there that I learned the limitations of Amex's accounting software.

Apparently AMEX can't process billions.
I had a hotel bill once that was about $1100 or 1.8 Billion TL.
When they processed it, they split it into 3 separate 600 Mil. charges.

Which means, of course, that they CAN process up to 999,999,999 of whatever currency.....

(Any Centurion Card holders ever try that in the US? :p )

rlaakso Feb 1, 2005 2:16 pm

Delta refunded $.01 cent to my AMEX card last year. That was the fare difference when they changed my routing. That's right, only one penny! I noticed it when I reviewed my statement. I didn't even know I had it coming. I had to hide the statement from my wife, as I didn't want her to be aware of ths sudden windfall.

Canarsie Feb 1, 2005 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by rlaakso
Delta refunded $.01 cent to my AMEX card last year. That was the fare difference when they changed my routing. That's right, only one penny! I noticed it when I reviewed my statement. I didn't even know I had it coming. I had to hide the statement from my wife, as I didn't want her to be aware of ths sudden windfall.

So how is your new-found retirement working out for you?

If you have also decided to hide this sudden windfall from the Infernal Revenue Service, rlaakso, I sincerely hope you are not convicted for tax evasion...

hnechets Feb 1, 2005 8:43 pm

A little off topic, but back in 1984, I once got a bill from Sears for $0.00

Now to spoil the what could have been a good story--- NO, I did not send them a check for 0. I called them and had my payment history labeled as current. Thinking back, I should have sent them the check, and then framed it on the wall when I got it back in my monthly statement.

CarolDisney1 Aug 1, 2005 12:43 pm

Charged $0.04

Yes, you read that right. Delta.com just charged me four cents to change a flight. Wonder how much it cost them to process the four cent charge.

However, this actually was an improvement. Prior to now I have not been able to change flights booked on my company negoiated discount rate.

Spiff Aug 1, 2005 12:44 pm

Looks like delta.com is infected with that nasty SGB virus. :D

mikey1003 Aug 1, 2005 12:49 pm

You gotta love SGB! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Traveller Aug 1, 2005 12:51 pm

I got a 49 cent credit the other day, so my change fee was only $49.51. :rolleyes: I went from a Q down to an L fare. I would have loved to have only a 49 cent fare diffence between L and Q years ago when L was not upgradable, but noooooooo, back then the difference was hundreds of dollars. :mad:

SRQ Guy Aug 1, 2005 12:52 pm

you'd think they'd have some kind of automatic waiver in place for charges under a buck or two. It must cost them far more than the $0.04 just to process that charge.

mikey1003 Aug 1, 2005 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
you'd think they'd have some kind of automatic waiver in place for charges under a buck or two. It must cost them far more than the $0.04 just to process that charge.

I'll bet, all said and done, that it cost DL in excess of 100.00 to process that charge.

N808DE Aug 1, 2005 2:52 pm

LOL! About a year ago I was charged $.02 to my AMEX to change my flights -- the fare class (D) stayed the same but the DL agent said they "had to" collect the difference, regardless of the actual amount. :rolleyes:

vinnmann Aug 1, 2005 2:56 pm

Deleted

MastaHanky Aug 1, 2005 10:22 pm

If you used your Amex Skymiles card, you got 0.08 Skymiles for it. :D

indufan Aug 1, 2005 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by mikey1003
I'll bet, all said and done, that it cost DL in excess of 100.00 to process that charge.

How do you figure?

USCGamecock Aug 2, 2005 7:03 am

Years ago, I was due one cent for a refund as well. The credit card I used had been exchanged for another and so a check had to be written. For some reason, I decided to cash it. The bank teller leaned forward and said, "How would you like it, heads or tails?" :D