Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta Charges Cents. Delta Pays Cents. This Makes No Sense...

Delta Charges Cents. Delta Pays Cents. This Makes No Sense...

Old Jan 30, 05, 9:59 am

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
Wasn't that the plot of both Superman 4 (With Richard Pryor as the programmer) and also Office Space?
Maybe, but collecting the freactions of cents from millions of transactions was for sure the underlying plot in the cult movie "Office Space" starring Ron Livingston and Jennifer Aniston.

Edited to add:
--------------
Andymo99=True... but it was also featured in Office Space!
I see my personal "inconsistency checker" is again being "playful". What I meant to say was that I don't know about Superman 4, however, for sure can confirm that Office Space was based on this scheme.

Last edited by Flying_Duck; Jan 30, 05 at 1:52 pm
Old Jan 30, 05, 11:33 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
Wasn't that the plot of both Superman 4 (With Richard Pryor as the programmer) and also Office Space?

Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
Maybe, but collecting the freactions of cents from millions of transactions was for sure the underlying plot in the cult movie "Office Space" starring Ron Livingston and Jennifer Aniston.
True... but it was also featured in Office Space!
Old Jan 30, 05, 8:11 pm

Just got charged 90 cents by AA to change a ticket. hehe. I know that is 9X greater then 10 cents. lol.
Old Jan 30, 05, 8:22 pm
PMD

Programs: DL GM, UA PE, National EE, Priority Club Plat, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
About 2 weeks ago when I made a change in flights, there was a fare difference of about .20 cents. The agent called "customer service" and had them change the fare. Perhap it depends on the agent?
Old Jan 30, 05, 11:54 pm

Programs: Delta MM
I had the same thing happen. I did a same day confirmed change on a MCO - BHM flight. Since I am GM they waived the $25 change fee, but they insisted on charging a $.10 "fare increase" (likely taxes, but he called it fare). He even put me on hold to confirm he couldn't waive it - he couldn't. I didn't even bother to charge it in. It if cost me 10 cents to get home a few hours sooner, it was worth it. :-) And I obsolutely wasn't about to fight about it and waste 30 of my minutes trying to prove a point that was intuitively obvious to anyone with third grade math skills.
Old Jan 31, 05, 6:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by John C
I had the same thing happen. I did a same day confirmed change on a MCO - BHM flight. Since I am GM they waived the $25 change fee, but they insisted on charging a $.10 "fare increase" (likely taxes, but he called it fare). He even put me on hold to confirm he couldn't waive it - he couldn't. I didn't even bother to charge it in. It if cost me 10 cents to get home a few hours sooner, it was worth it. :-) And I obsolutely wasn't about to fight about it and waste 30 of my minutes trying to prove a point that was intuitively obvious to anyone with third grade math skills.
Not to mention their spelling/grammar skills.
Old Jan 31, 05, 6:53 am
In Memoriam

I forget where I was, somewhere in Asia. I had to stand in line for 40 minutes to pay the equivalent of 30 cents for a tax that was not previously collected, no changes, just an accounting error. The ticket agent held my boarding pass as hostage.

Talk about frustrating....
Old Jan 31, 05, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta MM
Originally Posted by bigjim
Not to mention their spelling/grammar skills.
Ouch. Posts are graded?
Old Jan 31, 05, 9:43 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Ouch. Posts are graded?
Obsolutely!
Old Jan 31, 05, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I've had this happen when changing phole service. For several months I get a bill from Sprint or MCI for .02, So I send them a check for a buck and then get a check back for .98 then get billed the .02 cents for the next month!!

JudyJFLA
Old Jan 31, 05, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Platinum
Ouch. Posts are graded?

"And I obsolutely wasn't about to fight about it and waste 30 of my minutes trying to prove a point that was intuitively obvious to anyone with third grade math skills."
Only when the original poster attacks other's math skills.
Old Jan 31, 05, 10:11 pm

Programs: United, Delta, Hilton
You forgot the fee...

Originally Posted by wsbombers
Delta absolutely has to collect the tax. However, they could have decided to give you a .10 refund on your fare and apply the refund to the tax payment.
Sorry, there is a 25 cent processing fee for that. However, the AMEX is accepted.
Old Feb 1, 05, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dan1431
I can beat 10 cents. I have an upcoming flight ATL-PBI purchased in "A" before the new Simplifares were introduced.

I called DL to change my flight and the price difference was one cent. I could not believe that DL was going to collect one penny from me, but they did.

Dan

Originally Posted by bdschobel
Nobody will beat this one!

Bruce

Maybe some guy in Japan once got a 1 yen refund, or a guy in Italy paid 1 lira for a change. And Turkey's currency is 1330 to the dollar, but only after a revaluation as I recall. Used to be 1,000,000 or something.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Feb 1, 05 at 10:11 am
Old Feb 1, 05, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by bdschobel
The 10-cent charge showed up on my AMEX account, which I checked on-line. They had no problem processing it, obviously!
Now you have a valid post for this old thread in the Amex forum:

What is the smallest charge you've ever made on your AMEX?

Old Feb 1, 05, 11:28 am

yes at one point the Turkish Lira was 1million 3 hunderd thousdand to the dollar.

Dan

Search this Thread
Search Engine: