Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can a DL CR member use the AZ lounge in FCO when flying CO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2005, 6:40 am
Original Poster

All - I'm flying CO BF from FCO next month, which of course entitles me (but not a guest) to use the AZ lounge there.

However, if I ask to enter as a DL CR member flying CO, wouldn't that technically allow me to bring a guest?

thanks - Jamie Baker
Old Jul 31, 2005, 7:33 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
You have no access to the AZ lounge at all as a CRC member:

Code:
00750-AIRPORT LOUNGES         TRANSOCEANIC LOUNGES   PAGE 23                    
01   -------------------------------------------------------                    
02   - PASSENGER LOUNGES ARE AVBL TO SELECT DL PSGRS IN INTL                    
03     CITIES WHERE DELTA DOES NOT OPERATE A LOUNGE.                            
04     (SEE SPECIFIC CITY TOPIC FOR INFO..IE G*ROME/8)                          
05                                                         .                    
06   - PASSENGER MUST HAVE SAME-DAY DELTA TRANSOCEANIC                          
07     (OR INTERNATIONAL) TRAVEL                                                
08                                                         .                    
09   - ACCESS/ADMITTANCE IS AS FOLLOWS.. G-12                                   
10                                                         .                    
11   -------------------------------------------------------;                   
12   -------------------------------------------------------                    
13   ONLY THE FOLLOWING PSGRS HAVE ACCESS TO THESE LOUNGES:                     
14     - DL BUSINESSELITE PSGR TO BUSINESS CLASS LOUNGE                         
15     - DL CODESHARE FIRST/BUSINESS CLASS PSGR TO                              
16       RESPECTIVE FIRST OR BUSINESS CLASS LOUNGE                              
17     - SKYTEAM ELITEPLUS PSGRS TRVLNG/CONNECTING ON SAME-                     
18       DAY INTL FLT OPERATED BY ONE OF THE SKYTEAM MBRS                       
19                                                         .                    
20   NOTE- FC LOUNGE MAY BE USED WHEN BC LOUNGE NOT PRESENT                     
21       - CROWN ROOM CLUB MBRSHP NOT VALID TO THESE LOUNGES                    
22       - LOUNGE ACCESS NOT PERMITTED FOR INVOL UPGRADE                        
23   -----------------------------REVISED/24FEB04/ATLHGDL/HS
Old Jul 31, 2005, 7:59 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
Newbie Question. Does this mean that since I am flying Business Elite FCO-JFK-CVG in Sptember that I have access to the Continental Lounge in FCO? Or other Delta partner lounges?

Originally Posted by rcs85551

Code:
00750-AIRPORT LOUNGES         TRANSOCEANIC LOUNGES   PAGE 23                    
01   -------------------------------------------------------                    
02   - PASSENGER LOUNGES ARE AVBL TO SELECT DL PSGRS IN INTL                    
03     CITIES WHERE DELTA DOES NOT OPERATE A LOUNGE.                            
04     (SEE SPECIFIC CITY TOPIC FOR INFO..IE G*ROME/8)                          
05                                                         .                    
06   - PASSENGER MUST HAVE SAME-DAY DELTA TRANSOCEANIC                          
07     (OR INTERNATIONAL) TRAVEL                                                
08                                                         .                    
09   - ACCESS/ADMITTANCE IS AS FOLLOWS.. G-12                                   
10                                                         .                    
11   -------------------------------------------------------;                   
12   -------------------------------------------------------                    
13   ONLY THE FOLLOWING PSGRS HAVE ACCESS TO THESE LOUNGES:                     
14     - DL BUSINESSELITE PSGR TO BUSINESS CLASS LOUNGE                         
15     - DL CODESHARE FIRST/BUSINESS CLASS PSGR TO                              
16       RESPECTIVE FIRST OR BUSINESS CLASS LOUNGE                              
17     - SKYTEAM ELITEPLUS PSGRS TRVLNG/CONNECTING ON SAME-                     
18       DAY INTL FLT OPERATED BY ONE OF THE SKYTEAM MBRS                       
19                                                         .                    
20   NOTE- FC LOUNGE MAY BE USED WHEN BC LOUNGE NOT PRESENT                     
21       - CROWN ROOM CLUB MBRSHP NOT VALID TO THESE LOUNGES                    
22       - LOUNGE ACCESS NOT PERMITTED FOR INVOL UPGRADE                        
23   -----------------------------REVISED/24FEB04/ATLHGDL/HS
Old Jul 31, 2005, 8:24 am

If you're Skyteam Elite Plus (CO/NW/DL Plat) you should get access:
http://www.skyteam.com/EN/benefits/skyteam_lounges.jsp

>
> SkyTeam Elite Plus* members, regardless of their travel class, also have
> access to most SkyTeam lounges as long as travel is in conjunction with
> a same-day international connection on a SkyTeam operated flight.
> In addition, SkyTeam Elite Plus members are allowed to invite a guest
> to join them in the lounge.
>
Old Jul 31, 2005, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rcs85551

17 - SKYTEAM ELITEPLUS PSGRS TRVLNG/CONNECTING ON SAME-
18 DAY INTL FLT OPERATED BY ONE OF THE SKYTEAM MBRS
[/CODE]
I should have been more clear. I'm Platinum on DL, meaning SkyTeam Elite Plus. So it sounds as if a) yes, I can enter the lounge and b) I can bring a guest.

Of course, this all depends on them processing me this way. I'm traveling Continental BF, so accessing the lounge isn't an issue for me. I'm simply trying to figure how to bring a guest with me.

Thanks, Jamie
Old Jul 31, 2005, 9:06 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by gungadin
Newbie Question. Does this mean that since I am flying Business Elite FCO-JFK-CVG in Sptember that I have access to the Continental Lounge in FCO? Or other Delta partner lounges?
Continental does not have a lounge at FCO. Alitalia does. If you are flying in Business Elite, you can access that lounge. Plus, you can access either the Crown Room Club or one of the Business Elite lounges at JFK.
Old Jul 31, 2005, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
I should have been more clear. I'm Platinum on DL, meaning SkyTeam Elite Plus. So it sounds as if a) yes, I can enter the lounge and b) I can bring a guest.

Of course, this all depends on them processing me this way. I'm traveling Continental BF, so accessing the lounge isn't an issue for me. I'm simply trying to figure how to bring a guest with me.
Well, that is another story. As a DL PM, you can bring up to two guests to any Delta lounge and up to one guest to a partner lounge.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 8:51 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
rcs85551's information is, as always, extremely useful and interesting, and comports with my understanding as well. One note -- I was at FCO a couple of years ago as a DL PM flying intra-Europe in business class on Alitalia. I decided to check our Air France's lounge to see if it was nicer than Alitalia's.

The AF people turned me away, saying I could use Alitalia's lounge. I didn't complain as I could see their point and the lounges were across the hall or very close. However, unless I am misreading the posted instructions re: lounge access, the AF folks were wrong to turn me away, right??
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:20 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 1:10 pm
Old Aug 1, 2005, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by vinnmann
I will likely be hitting PM later this month for the first time. For leisure travels, I usually have Vinnmann Jr, Mrs. Vinnmann, and Vinnmomm-in-law in tow. Vinnmann Jr is almost 4 now. I thought I read somewhere that immediate family is allowed into CRC's. Can anyone help me recall where I read this, and if it is correct, can I bring all three with me?
Officially by the book - no. Unofficially, they will let you in without problems.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 11:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Premier Silver, HHonors Silver
I flew FCO-ATL in Jan in BE, but was given access not to the Alitalia Lounge, but rather the generic business class lounge next door. I found that interesting. Has anyone else had that experience?
Old Aug 2, 2005, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by jrlander
I flew FCO-ATL in Jan in BE, but was given access not to the Alitalia Lounge, but rather the generic business class lounge next door. I found that interesting. Has anyone else had that experience?
Yes, this is the usual procedure. If you are also PM, you may use the AZ lounge instead. No big difference between the two lounges.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Casimir
rcs85551's information is, as always, extremely useful and interesting, and comports with my understanding as well. One note -- I was at FCO a couple of years ago as a DL PM flying intra-Europe in business class on Alitalia. I decided to check our Air France's lounge to see if it was nicer than Alitalia's.

The AF people turned me away, saying I could use Alitalia's lounge. I didn't complain as I could see their point and the lounges were across the hall or very close. However, unless I am misreading the posted instructions re: lounge access, the AF folks were wrong to turn me away, right??
You are correct - the AF people were wrong to turn you away. As a SkyTeam ElitePlus traveling on a SkyTeam flight, you may use any available SkyTeam lounge. I used to fly AZ out of FCO a lot and always used the AF Salon, never once a problem.

The AF lounge at FCO is now staffed by AZ personnel. I used to get some weird looks when they found out I was flying AZ...until I explained that I wanted to use the smoking area in the AF lounge. It's the only place in FCO Terminal C where one can smoke, and most Europeans (AF or AZ) understand and sympathize.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:31 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DFW DL
the smoking area in the AF lounge. It's the only place in FCO Terminal C where one can smoke
Ahhh...Say what you will about AF, but there are a few things you can count on.

If you're a smoker, it's the only way to go. I am not a smoker, but I'm astonished that smoking is still not permitted onboard AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.