DL Award Inventory for CO & NW

Old Jul 27, 05, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, BA Gold
DL Award Inventory for CO & NW

I apologize in advance for such a basic question, but I've tried searching and just can't find the answer. I'd like to book a DL coach award using CO and/or NW flights. I know DL uses M inventory for their own flights, but what inventory am I looking for on CO and NW?

Checking Expertflyer, if the inventory is available on CO and/or NW, is it definitely available through DL or do they have a different inventory?

Thanks! - jAAck
Old Jul 27, 05, 8:21 am

Programs: LH HON, UA 1K, DL FO/MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond
Non-elite inventory is the same everywhere.

Coach award inventory:
DL - N class
NW - W class
CO - G class
Old Jul 27, 05, 1:55 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Gold, DL FO, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Was able to book a domestic ticket on CO using DL miles by calling the Skymiles desk. To my knowledge, online searches for award travel on DL.com only show DL flights ...
Old Jul 27, 05, 5:35 pm

Programs: Delta
All three carriers have different inventory for each other. DL only has a certain amount of seats on NW/CO. To book award tickets on NW/CO, you need to call the skymiles reservations number. If you check the NW/CO award sites, it may give you an idea of what they have and that's it.
Old Jul 27, 05, 10:39 pm

Although it doesn't account for elite status, NWA's award tool does a pretty good job searching all three carriers:
http://www.nwa.com/award/home.html

Search this Thread