Original Poster

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 1:47 pm
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:25 am

Programs: NWA Silver, CO Silver, DL Silver, *wood Gold
Originally Posted by vinnmann
Bump.

Anyone?? Please.
I'm in a similar situation, but my trip is earlier (less than a month from now). will post results.

RDM
Old Jul 18, 2005, 8:53 am

I have generally only known Delta to make that kind of change when it suited them operationally. Of course you *might* get lucky!

Last edited by CelticFlyer; Jul 18, 2005 at 8:55 am
Old Jul 18, 2005, 9:30 am

Programs: IHG SE, Bonvoy Plat, DL Plat, UA PPlat, EK Gold
Will you be travelling with carry-on luggage? Would checked luggage complicate matters?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:08 am

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
I have an award booked for early next year that goes ATL-MXP-FCO. There were/are no Skysaver seats on the ATL-FCO flight. The beginning of January is not a high demand time to Italy. Will DL let me change to the ATL-FCO flight when I arrive in ATL if there are seats available in BE, but none in 'O' class? I currently have ATL-FCO waitlisted, and it leaves 25 minutes before ATL-MXP. Therefore, I could wait at the ATL-FCO gate until they closed the door. I would like to think that they would let me on if there was an empty BE seat as then they would not have to get a seat from AZ for the MXP-FCO leg.
I have successfully done that many times at ATL (don't know about other airports). While checking in, ask if there are seats available on the non-stop flight, telling them also that you are on the waitlist. Unless the flight is sold out, I am pretty sure they will let you change.

(For our trip to Amsterdam last month, we were ticketed ATL-JFK-AMS and waitlisted ATL-AMS. I asked upon check-in for non-stop, both of us were cleared. No fee. ^ )
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Deleted

Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:44 am

Programs: Island DOs, very sticky toffee pud w vanilla ice cream n multi-coloured velvet pillows enthusiast
... Hmmm...how to get two weeks worth of clothes and 37 pairs of shoes into a carry-on?
Stop exaggerating, I am sure it's only 35 pairs!
Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Deleted

Old Jul 18, 2005, 11:59 am

Programs: IHG SE, Bonvoy Plat, DL Plat, UA PPlat, EK Gold
Crap. I didn't think of that since I usually travel without checked luggage, but this trip is a vacation. We will have at least one checked bag for Mrs. Vinnmann's shoes. Hmmm...how to get two weeks worth of clothes and 37 pairs of shoes into a carry-on?
Sounds familiar (me, actually)

You'll be at the mercy of Yield Management, or fickle frequent fliers holding seats on your preferred flight, for clearing the waitlist-likely the former. My advise, born out of recent experience, is call Customer Care as the date approaches. Since you are in ATL use the local number for Delta (this is the number I always use when I'm abroad). This will usually get you a real, live Georgian on the phone.

You can also look at the loading as the date approaches. I've cleared this way many times.

Good luck!
Old Jul 18, 2005, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Deleted

Old Jul 19, 2005, 11:57 am

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
You could always FedEx the shoes ahead. Makes it easier to deal with your bags after you are back on the ground anyway.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Deleted

Old Jul 19, 2005, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Mrs Vinnmann is bringing so many shoes to Italy? That's like bringing coals to Newcastle. You may not realize it, but she's planning on buying at least a dozen pairs there, so she only need to bring two- one to wear on the plane, and one to wear to the nearest shoe store.

You'll need to have another suitcase folded up and packed flat inside your carry-on, for the extra shoes on the return flight.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Deleted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.