Wiki Posts
Search

FLL travelers be on notice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2005, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
FLL travelers be on notice

I live in Fort Lauderdale and have been flying DL constantly for about 8 years now.

Recently I was confused to find that one of my upcoming flights was an all-coach 737-800. I posted a thread on this forum (click here) and was told that DL uses Delta Shuttle planes on weekends sometimes.

I now have THREE trips between now and the end of August that have one leg in a shuttle all-coach 737. I need to be more careful when I am booking from now on because I did not take note of the aircraft before confirming my intinerary on line three times now. One of the legs is FLL > SLC!!!!! Because another poster had warned us that DL just processed a bunch of schedule changes I checked my upcoming itineraries to see if my seat assignments had disappeared and that is when I noticed that my upcoming SLC leg is in all-coach equipment. If this were song I would not mind because I would have the IFE and I like song.

So if you live in South Florida or plan to fly here soon you might want to be extra careful when booking if you want an upgrade. Looks like Delta is moving a lot of their shuttle craft to Florida routes on weekends. I almost fly exclusively on Sundays and Fridays so I need to be one of the people that checks carefully.

I have never flown Delta Shuttle. How is the seat pitch? I have a portable DVD player so I can enjoy a movie on the long flight from FLL to SLC but will they have food? I was hoping to get some sleep on the flight but if the seats are the typical coach pitch I will not be able to rest. Usually the FLL > SLC flights in FC have a meal. I would suspect that a DL shuttle plane would not have any room for meal carts. I guess I need to pack a lunch.

It doesn't bother me if I fly coach from FLL > ATL because it is not a very long flight. But the FLL > SLC flight is one minute shy of 5 hours! I was hoping to at least have the CHANCE of being upgraded.

I suspect that DL has moved all of their 757s that used to service FLL over to song and that is why we are getting shuttle equipment on weekends. Blah!

Last edited by Evan!; Jul 16, 2005 at 1:57 pm
Old Jul 16, 2005, 2:25 pm

fll/slc 7 am departure flight has been all economy configured every day of the week for many months. sometimes you might get lucky when a 2 cabin aircraft is used for operational needs

Originally Posted by Evan!
I live in Fort Lauderdale and have been flying DL constantly for about 8 years now.

Recently I was confused to find that one of my upcoming flights was an all-coach 737-800. I posted a thread on this forum (click here) and was told that DL uses Delta Shuttle planes on weekends sometimes.

I now have THREE trips between now and the end of August that have one leg in a shuttle all-coach 737. I need to be more careful when I am booking from now on because I did not take note of the aircraft before confirming my intinerary on line three times now. One of the legs is FLL > SLC!!!!! Because another poster had warned us that DL just processed a bunch of schedule changes I checked my upcoming itineraries to see if my seat assignments had disappeared and that is when I noticed that my upcoming SLC leg is in all-coach equipment. If this were song I would not mind because I would have the IFE and I like song.

So if you live in South Florida or plan to fly here soon you might want to be extra careful when booking if you want an upgrade. Looks like Delta is moving a lot of their shuttle craft to Florida routes on weekends. I almost fly exclusively on Sundays and Fridays so I need to be one of the people that checks carefully.

I have never flown Delta Shuttle. How is the seat pitch? I have a portable DVD player so I can enjoy a movie on the long flight from FLL to SLC but will they have food? I was hoping to get some sleep on the flight but if the seats are the typical coach pitch I will not be able to rest. Usually the FLL > SLC flights in FC have a meal. I would suspect that a DL shuttle plane would not have any room for meal carts. I guess I need to pack a lunch.

It doesn't bother me if I fly coach from FLL > ATL because it is not a very long flight. But the FLL > SLC flight is one minute shy of 5 hours! I was hoping to at least have the CHANCE of being upgraded.

I suspect that DL has moved all of their 757s that used to service FLL over to song and that is why we are getting shuttle equipment on weekends. Blah!
Old Jul 16, 2005, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I like the DL shuttle planes. That's what we have TPA-SLC. The pitch is much better than regular coach, can go to seatguru.com to see what it is exactly. It says 36", compared to Song 33-34" or 762 30-33". The seats are nice, comfortable leather.

Alas, there is no food, so you had better bring your lunch.
Old Jul 16, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Evan!.... go back and read the last thread you posted on this exact subject and maybe some of your errant conceptions will be cleared up. But why post a second thread about the very same subject? Your assumptions are WRONG! Please go back and read the full thread that you started last time on this subject!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450370
Old Jul 16, 2005, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by RobertS975
Evan!.... go back and read the last thread you posted on this exact subject and maybe some of your errant conceptions will be cleared up. But why post a second thread about the very same subject? Your assumptions are WRONG! Please go back and read the full thread that you started last time on this subject!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=450370
Relax, Robert. I admit the subjects are similar. When I posted that last thread the answer was made to me that these were Shuttle craft. I did not keep going back to the thread for updates because my question was answered. Excuse me.

My second post was more of an alert to FLL flyers because of the fact that since that last post I have three more itineraties with all-coach-cabin configuration. Since I have flown at least 8 flights in and out of FLL for the past 8 years I had to assume that DL is using more and more of these aircraft on FLL flights. I posted a new thread to have a subject that would alert FLL people. I am sorry if I annoyed you.

About my errant conceptions and assumptions. Read my above post again. I did not assume that there would be no meal, I guessed and asked. And I was just told on this thread by MsEveryting that there would be no meal.

The subject of the first was a specific flight. The subject of the second was that there are alot more flights than that I had originally thought. And I did not make assumptions I asked questions.

I see on the original post that NoStressHere admonished me for using colors and fonts in my posts but not noting that that this subject comes up as he states "every 14.8 days".

It appears that many people on this forum are irritated about the same subject being in more than one thread. What is the big deal? When I get some down time I come to this board and browse the posts but I don't consistently monitor every thread every single day. Is it really so bad for someone to post a question that has been addressed previously? Are we running out of server space for this forum?

jimrpa replied politely and promptly to my first thread and now I see that there have been many more posts since he answered my original question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.