Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

How long do I wait for a Delta customer service response?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2005, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Legend in my own mind

I won't go through the whole story, but last month Delta took me to Germany for the 2nd consecutive time on business - and arrived me there 7 hours late for the 2nd consecutive time as well. I guess I'm a slow learner?

On June 28 I wrote a three page letter to Delta's Customer Care division about business travelers and Europe. Expressing my disappointment over arriving twice in a row having missed an entire business day due to their apparent inability to get travelers to Europe on time - and the second time having lost my luggage to boot.

I haven't heard a word from them. How long do I wait it out before contacting them again? (if I even bother, I suppose....)
Old Jul 15, 2005, 8:07 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I sent them an e-mail on May 15 complaining about how filthy their aircraft were on a trip to FL.. they responded with a "form letter" style e-mail about 1 month later.. pretty disappointing..
Old Jul 15, 2005, 8:42 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 12:09 pm
Old Jul 15, 2005, 8:50 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
grrrrr.. that has got to be frustrating.. you have a valid complaint.. have you thought about talking directly to the DL station mgr at MCO next time you are flying? they are usually empowered to give a little assistance..
Old Jul 15, 2005, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dg4255
grrrrr.. that has got to be frustrating.. you have a valid complaint.. have you thought about talking directly to the DL station mgr at MCO next time you are flying? they are usually empowered to give a little assistance..
Forgive my ignorance - but what might that have accomplished for me?

I don't go to Orlando (MCO).
Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:13 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec Elite, Delta
Patience.. and if that doesn't work...

I sent a letter about an expiring certificate in March and got a response about 6 weeks later. An actual phone call from a VERY helpful Delta employee.

I would say wait about 6 weeks, and if you don't get a response, call DL HQ in Atlanta.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by TN_Again
I won't go through the whole story, but last month Delta took me to Germany for the 2nd consecutive time on business - and arrived me there 7 hours late for the 2nd consecutive time as well. I guess I'm a slow learner?

On June 28 I wrote a three page letter to Delta's Customer Care division about business travelers and Europe. Expressing my disappointment over arriving twice in a row having missed an entire business day due to their apparent inability to get travelers to Europe on time - and the second time having lost my luggage to boot.

I haven't heard a word from them. How long do I wait it out before contacting them again? (if I even bother, I suppose....)
I think Customer Care commits to answers in 30 days. I mailed a letter in mid-June and my response was mailed by Delta 27 days later. By the way, my situation was quite complex and Delta's answer was very detailed and addressed almost all the issues.

While I am sympathetic to the OP having been real late twice in a row, it's not clear to me what Customer Care could do after the fact, other than apologize.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 2:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Alaska MVP, Hilton GoldMarriott Titanium
A I just recieved a response today to a letter that I sent out on the 23rd of May. Even though it did take Delta some time to respond to my letter, the answers were detailed and addressed every single point.

It may take a month or two, but anything after that I would call up Delta and see if they have recieved anything as they keep track of info like that in your SkyMiles account.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL GM
I had a reply to my email from the Delta.com web page the next day.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by TN_Again
On June 28 I wrote a three page letter to Delta's Customer Care division about business travelers and Europe.
I like to keep my letters and emails to just 1 page, I know that if I see something that is 3 pages long, I might not be so apt to read it closely.

I emailed DL once and they called me 2.5 hours later. Other times I've emailed them, I've had a response in a few days.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 9:19 pm

I've heard nothing from my e-mail in late April/early May.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 11:49 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
I wrote them an email with a long explanation and a question a while ago. Two people proofread it to make sure it was understandable and to the point. Exactly one week later I got my response, it was a cut & paste not relating to my issue.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Traveller
I like to keep my letters and emails to just 1 page, I know that if I see something that is 3 pages long, I might not be so apt to read it closely.
How closely they read it is going to determine whether or not I ever fly with Delta Air Lines again. I'm going to be patient, because the default condition at present is that I am buying no further tickets on Delta. Once I have a response in hand, and whether I think that response is satisfactory will determine if I've flown my last Delta flight - ever.

There are more incidents I've had with Delta besides these two EU trips - but I left all of that out of my letter. I didn't want to cloud the issue - which is their total inability to get people to Europe on schedule.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 8:58 am

Programs: Starwood, Hilton, Delta, AA, UsAirways, AmWest, NWA, United
Just got this auto response to an email I sent this morning related to the last 4 out of 5 flights with delta ending up with cancelled flights *2/missed flight (I even called about updated flight times)/ and missing luggage:

"Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us. We appreciate
every opportunity to listen to our customers and act upon what we hear.
Our response to your e-mail may take a little longer than usual due to
the high number of customers who have contacted us recently. In the
meantime, thanks for your patience."
Old Jul 28, 2005, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
I think Customer Care commits to answers in 30 days. I mailed a letter in mid-June and my response was mailed by Delta 27 days later. By the way, my situation was quite complex and Delta's answer was very detailed and addressed almost all the issues.

While I am sympathetic to the OP having been real late twice in a row, it's not clear to me what Customer Care could do after the fact, other than apologize.
One month ago today....still no word.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.