FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   CRC Questions : MSY - ATL - BOS - CVG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/451553-crc-questions-msy-atl-bos-cvg.html)

jelliott04 Jul 11, 2005 1:11 pm

CRC Questions : MSY - ATL - BOS - CVG

Hi all. We'll be travelling from MSY to BOS and I'm looking for CRC information. I've searched through the forums and have come up with the following and just want to make sure info is correct:

MSY & BOS: Good CRC

ATL - stay away from B10 and A17?
Centerpoint, T7 and E are good?

CVG: A concourse is good. B14 is ok but busy?

Is that correct? Your opinions are welcome.

Jelliott

javajunkie Jul 11, 2005 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by jelliott04
Hi all. We'll be travelling from MSY to BOS and I'm looking for CRC information. I've searched through the forums and have come up with the following and just want to make sure info is correct:

MSY & BOS: Good CRC

ATL - stay away from B10 and A17?
Centerpoint, T7 and E are good?

CVG: A concourse is good. B14 is ok but busy?

Is that correct? Your opinions are welcome.

Jelliott

That pretty much sums it up. Though, I'll add that the CVG A is a bit small, and CVG B is usually not that busy and is a very nice room. Both of them have good views of the aprons. Of the ATL CRC, Centerpoint is absolutely my favorite (the Dasani Listening Room), but it is NOT open on weekends :td:

I have not visited the CRC at MSY or BOS but a friend was at BOS recently (after the remodel) and he said the new one is great.

What's the most CRCs that you've visited on a single trip?

CVG, LAX, HNL, SFO, ATL when I flew SDF-HNL this past Feb.

keeton Jul 11, 2005 10:02 pm

A little common sense has to apply here.

While the T and E concourse Crown Rooms at ATL are certainly nicer than B10, I would not take the 20 minutes (round trip) just to be in those rooms if your flights are not on those concourses. Being near your flight(s) can be a better use of your time.

javajunkie Jul 12, 2005 11:38 am

Originally Posted by keeton
A little common sense has to apply here.

While the T and E concourse Crown Rooms at ATL are certainly nicer than B10, I would not take the 20 minutes (round trip) just to be in those rooms if your flights are not on those concourses. Being near your flight(s) can be a better use of your time.

True. But, it can also depend on how much time you have between flts, which gate your flt is leaving from, and how crowded a particular room is.

I've been in A17, B10, & B25 before when they were packed. Let's say my flt was boarding in a little more than an hour from a nearby gate like A20. Rather than endure the crowd in A17, I would go to E and relax. :cool: 20 minutes might be a bit long for the round trip time. I'm thinking somewhere between 10 & 15 min for the round trip. I don't think I've ever waited more than 2 min for a train in the "transportation corridor" or whatever its called in ATL. I've never timed it, but I can't imagine that the ride from all the way from T to E could take more than 5 min.

Of course, if I had a close connection time-wise at a distant gate then I may not even stop in an ATL CRC. Like you said - a little common sense has to apply. As always, YMMV. :D

iCorpRoadie Jul 12, 2005 12:50 pm

I just spent 4 hrs on Sunday in A in ATL since my flight was delayed (no crew), I have to say I wish I had known to go to Centerpoint for a bit less of the MANY MANY MANY people in there. Now i know!

javajunkie Jul 12, 2005 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
I just spent 4 hrs on Sunday in A in ATL since my flight was delayed (no crew), I have to say I wish I had known to go to Centerpoint for a bit less of the MANY MANY MANY people in there. Now i know!

You could not have gone to the A Centerpoint CRC on Sunday, because it is not open on the weekends. :td:

MadScientist Jul 12, 2005 1:46 pm

Where is this "Centerpoint" CRC and how do I get there? I was in a CRC in the "A" concourse a couple of weeks ago. It had a Dasani theater in it and was quite nice but I don't know if it was the centerpoint room or not.

javajunkie Jul 13, 2005 7:33 am

Originally Posted by MadScientist
Where is this "Centerpoint" CRC and how do I get there? I was in a CRC in the "A" concourse a couple of weeks ago. It had a Dasani theater in it and was quite nice but I don't know if it was the centerpoint room or not.

You were in the CRC at A17, which is a nice large room, but it can get pretty crowded.

The Centerpoint CRC can be a little tough to find the first time. At the center of the A concourse where the trains/food court is, locate and go up the escalator to Chili's. At the top make a U-turn to the left and there is the CRC.

Just a reminder. That lounge is NOT open on weekends. :td:

iCorpRoadie Jul 13, 2005 8:23 am

I saw that while I was eating at Chili's, thought it was an upstairs entrance to the A17 CRC. Will have to remeber that tomorrow as I pass thru ATL again.

JPoor007 Jul 13, 2005 12:23 pm

So there are 2 CRCs in Concourse A?

I like MSY. They serve Dixie beer there, a local novelty and the best bloody mary of all the clubs I have been to so far.