Gold medallion, lounge access?

Old Jul 9, 05, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL nothing now, HH Gold
Gold medallion, lounge access?

Hi, a friend who is gold medallion is travelling BCN-MAD-BOG-CLO with Avianca, a Delta partner airline. He is flying economy, and has long layovers. Will he be able, specially in Madrid, to access one of the lounges even when he is flying economy, or is this a benefit reserved for platinium members?

Thanks,

Juan Miguel Venturello
Old Jul 9, 05, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Venturello
Hi, a friend who is gold medallion is travelling BCN-MAD-BOG-CLO with Avianca, a Delta partner airline. He is flying economy, and has long layovers. Will he be able, specially in Madrid, to access one of the lounges even when he is flying economy, or is this a benefit reserved for platinium members?

Thanks,

Juan Miguel Venturello
It is a benefit reserved for SkyTeam Elite plus members and that status is only held by Platinum members in SkyMiles. I'm being specific because some SkyTeam Airlines offer the Elite Plus status to their Gold members.
Old Jul 9, 05, 11:23 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Platinum Premier, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CelticFlyer
It is a benefit reserved for SkyTeam Elite plus members and that status is only held by Platinum members in SkyMiles. I'm being specific because some SkyTeam Airlines offer the Elite Plus status to their Gold members.
Which SkyTeam Program gives "Elite Plus" status to mid-tier members? I know AF used to do this when they only had two levels: Blue and Red. I thought, with the advent of Flying Blue, they had done away with it.
Old Jul 10, 05, 6:35 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
I haven't looked lately, but I recall that Czech Air's highest level was reached at 50,000 miles, so one could be elite plus in ST for only 50K MQMs.
Old Jul 10, 05, 6:51 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Which SkyTeam Program gives "Elite Plus" status to mid-tier members? I know AF used to do this when they only had two levels: Blue and Red. I thought, with the advent of Flying Blue, they had done away with it.
Frequence Plus Bleu passengers were never SkyTeam Elite Plus, they were simply Elite.

With the advent of the new FFP and its three elite levels (Silver, Gold, Platinum), non-US based Gold members are Elite Plus, while US based Gold members are Elite.
Old Jul 10, 05, 3:05 pm

Programs: Volaris, UA Nothing
Aeromexico's Club Premier "Nivel Platino" (Platinum) is obtained with 50,000 MQM's and grants you Skyteam Elite Plus status. Platino is the highest status with Aeromexico.
Old Jul 10, 05, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Heck, Czech's OK Gold gets you SkyTeam ElitePlus by just doing 30 segments a year. If I had OK as my FFP, I'd have made Silver by March and Gold by May. Alas, the perks of ElitePlus don't really fit my domestic only travel, not to mention no upgrades with CSA status.

Search this Thread