Search

Atlanta Braves Delta Double Play Inning

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2005, 9:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL Skymiles
Atlanta Braves Delta Double Play Inning

I was listening to the Braves tonight on the radio for the first time this year and when the Delta Double Play Inning came on I was surprised to hear the prize was only 14,000 Skymiles. Didn't it used to be at least 25,000? Was this part of a budget cut or did they *enhance* this as well? Does Delta do this promo in any baseball market other than Atlanta?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP;SPG Gold; Priority Club Spire Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by The Juiceman
I was listening to the Braves tonight on the radio for the first time this year and when the Delta Double Play Inning came on I was surprised to hear the prize was only 14,000 Skymiles. Didn't it used to be at least 25,000? Was this part of a budget cut or did they *enhance* this as well? Does Delta do this promo in any baseball market other than Atlanta?

Makes you wonder where the 14,000 came from? Why that amount?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, 2+MM, AA Gold 1+MM, HH Diamond, MHG Silver,
We have had a winner!

Easy answer from a big Braves fan:

The pot starts at 10,000 and goes up every game that there is not a winner. (I think the pot increases by 1,000 or 500 miles if nobody wins during a game) Hence if the current Skymiles jackpot is 14K then there has not been a winner for the past 4 (or 8) games! The highest I can remember the jackpot getting is 25-30K.

On last note: To win the jackpot the Braves must turn a doubleplay in the Delta Doubleplay inning - not just turn a doubleplay during the game.

Go Braves!

Happy Travels

Luv2fly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.