Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Here we go again; schedule change & seats disappear

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2005, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status

Why oh why do they not get a programmer to fix that? This is the second time for both itineraries, Italy & France in Sept, Hawaii in March. The schedule changes by a few minutes and the seat assignments disappear. You can't even select them online, you have to call and get them to do it.

At one time this only happened when you used miles to upgrade and hadn't yet had the miles removed from your account. Now it happens regardless and I can't understand the reason behind it.

There. I feel better.
Old Jul 3, 2005, 3:43 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
And while the programmer is at it, I would like him/her to fix what seems to be an increasing quirk affecting me: namely that the outbound flight doesn't clear very fast so I can't check-in on-line to my home-bound flight without first calling and have them manually delete the outbound, completed, segment. On flights with around 24 hour turn-around (of which I have many) it seems to happen more often than not - and it is irritating that I have to call to fix it!
Old Jul 3, 2005, 4:09 pm

Our January schedule from ATL to LAS changed in early June; we lost our seat assignments and I had to phone to get seats re-assigned.

I see today that the same flight time has again changed by a few minutes, but our same seat assignments still show in our itineraries!
Old Jul 3, 2005, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Skymiles
When our ATL-HNL flight schedule changed and our seat assignments dissapeared I called to inquire but the agent still showed my original seats reserved on the new flight. It just didn't appear on delta.com. Has that been anyone else's experience or has anyone actually lost their original seat requests?
Old Jul 3, 2005, 5:17 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by The Juiceman
When our ATL-HNL flight schedule changed and our seat assignments dissapeared I called to inquire but the agent still showed my original seats reserved on the new flight. It just didn't appear on delta.com. Has that been anyone else's experience or has anyone actually lost their original seat requests?
My wife and I tend to book way in advance and this constantly happens to us, sometimes several times on the same itinerary before we actually take it. As long as there isn't an equipment change, we have ALWAYS ^ had our exact same seats even though when you first see it online it says "seats not assigned."

Despite this I check our itineraries almost daily and immediately call if there has been a change to get them to update or "clean-up" the records. I like to be able to see those seats we have selected in the online record.

Last edited by atl runner; Jul 3, 2005 at 5:25 pm
Old Jul 3, 2005, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I have two itineraries that have changed. My October itinerary has a MHT-ATL flight moved up 5 minutes (but gets into ATL 20 minutes earlier...no complaints here...), while my November itinerary has my ATL-MHT pushed back 8 minutes later, the aforementioned MHT-ATL change, and an ATL-GSO flight moved up 10 minutes and changed from a 737-800 to a MD-88. I'll probably end up giving Delta a call sometime tonight (hey, I have a migraine so no fireworks here...) to fix these and book a Shuttle flight for a few weeks from now (can't get youth fares on the phone...only $113 one way, books into M class so 1.5x MQM...plus the fact that I'm not paying for it makes for a good situation).
Old Jul 3, 2005, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Thanks for this post. I thought I was going nuts.
I had booked a ticket for my father for PBI-SAN a couple months ago. Sat with him and got his seat assignments.
Brought it up yesterday and no seat assignments. I was sure that we had done those. Thought maybe I was slipping.
This explains it, as there was a slight schedule change. It still wouldn't let me access the first leg to make the seat selection. Not sure why on that one.
Old Jul 3, 2005, 9:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Sometimes my seats disappear and sometime they don't. I never know until I call SMS. Like atl runner, we book flights nearly a year in advance. I currently have 7 open itineraries that I monitor from time to time.
And if they disappear from Delta.com, as far as I'm concerned, they've disappeared. I call immediately to have them re-instated to the website as I have lost the occasional plum seat assignment by not checking often enough.

Last edited by Cholula; Jul 3, 2005 at 9:31 pm
Old Jul 4, 2005, 6:36 am

Programs: DL 4MM/PM, UA 1MM/Gold, AA Paper
I have an overseas trip booked for October, and this is about the 5th time I will have to call SMS to get my seats re-instated due to schedule changes.

There has to be an easier way. I wonder what this is really costing DL in actual money.
Old Jul 4, 2005, 6:42 am

In each of my experiences with this problem, DL has already assigned the new seats but they simply don't show on the itineraries. Like otheres, I prefer to call to have my record "cleaned-up." I haven't figured out why that can't be done at the time the change is made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.