Wiki Posts
Search

SOS - Save our Snacks

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2005, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta MM
SOS - Save our Snacks

It appears that NW is eliminating free snacks in coach as cost cuts continue to intrude into the cabin. Here's hoping this is one cost reduction that Delta doesn't match. I've gotten to where I like the current round up of snacks.

LINK TO STORY
Old May 27, 2005, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
They say it'll save 2 millions (yet, they are 3+ billions in the red. Speak about a drop in the ocean...). They would save the same by trimming their board's salaries, and without alienating customers.
Old May 27, 2005, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
I'm probably in a minority on this, but I think the airlines should just throw in the towel and eliminate ALL food/snack service on US mainland flights. Let's be realistic. The airlines are sucking wind and need to save money everywhere they can and there are things they can better spend what little money they have on. No one is going to starve to death in the 4 or 5 hours it takes to go from one coast to the other, and even less so on flights of shorter duration. It's very easy to bring a small snack or meal aboard for yourself. The stuff they typically serve is unhealthy and not very good, for the most part, anyway. I say bring your own stuff. That way you can eat what you want and when you want. How bad can that be?

Last edited by atl runner; May 27, 2005 at 5:34 pm
Old May 27, 2005, 5:36 pm

Programs: NW, DL, AA
I agree. I don't care about the snacks. I just want the airline to get me there, in a mainline aircraft.
Old May 27, 2005, 5:58 pm

It's not about the money or food factor, but time. I generally don't have enough time to get something to eat between connecting flights and the small snack can tide me over until I arrive. While it isn't the best food or snack around, those pretzels or peanuts sure taste good when you're hungry
Old May 27, 2005, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL FO...ex-PM, GM...does it really even matter these days? LOL...
Originally Posted by thesaints
They say it'll save 2 millions (yet, they are 3+ billions in the red. Speak about a drop in the ocean...). They would save the same by trimming their board's salaries, and without alienating customers.
I agree completely! Saving $2 million...so what? They'll lose more than this by pissing off customers and subsequently losing them to other airlines. I hope other carriers don't follow suit. DL so far really impressed me w/ the new Snacks they offer in Y and F.
Old May 27, 2005, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
This is a NW news item that is currently being covered on that board. It has absolutely nothing to do with DL. Therefore I am closing this thread.

Rssrsvp - Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.