FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Double AMEX points for July and August? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/432934-double-amex-points-july-august.html)

PDX-RDM-AVL-TPA Jun 27, 2005 4:44 pm

Thanks to several people for bumping this up. I think I'd missed this one (and probably one or two of the other double miles promotions this year. I know I've seen some in mailings from Delta or Amex, but I need to keep up with FT more in order not to miss them.

shmoosical Jul 2, 2005 11:08 am

double miles + 500 miles bonus for inactive cards YMMV

I got a flyer in the mail announcing the double miles promo. It also said I'd get 500 miles for enrolling for the offer. I guess that part is targeted. I have the SkyMiles Options card, and haven't used it in about a year.

LCP Jul 2, 2005 4:24 pm

Does anyone have trouble getting these double miles other than me?

Over the past 3 years I have had trouble with the everyday double miles and with the everything double miles being posted to my account and my husband's. Spend $5K and get 528 bonus miles, for example. I don't bother to call anymore (my blood pressure can't take it), but I write to a senior vice-president, who then has an assistant contact me and they put in $10K or $15K miles, but it doesn't even out between both our accounts. With the everyday double miles, it consistently fails to recognize restaurants and groceries and gas stations.

Am I alone with this problem? Any suggestions, other than scrapping the Delta AmEx card?

ondeadlin Sep 15, 2005 9:21 am

Just curious whether anyone's had bonus miles from the July-August promotion post yet?

Helena Handbaskets Sep 15, 2005 9:30 am

Originally Posted by ondeadlin
Just curious whether anyone's had bonus miles from the July-August promotion post yet?

Not yet. It seems a bit early to look for that, with some other similar bonuses evidently taking a few months to show up.

crazygrow Sep 15, 2005 10:07 am

Originally Posted by ondeadlin

Has anyone who was targeted for the May/June targeted promotion get their miles yet?

BetP Sep 15, 2005 11:17 am

Thinking seriously of cancelling Delta American Xpress card and going to CAPITAL ONE.

Helena Handbaskets Sep 16, 2005 11:22 am

Originally Posted by crazygrow
Has anyone who was targeted for the May/June targeted promotion get their miles yet?

I didn't realize it was targeted, though seeing the similar targeted offers for Sept.-whenever, I guess maybe it was. At any rate, I did get an offer for double miles in May/June if I spent $2500 each month. I believe the bonus miles for that offer posted in late August. It wasn't labeled clearly enough to be sure, but the quantity is about right, and it was separate from and on a different schedule from the regular monthly postings.

leipsic83 Sep 16, 2005 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by crazygrow

Checking my account, I show an amount that would equal double miles for May/June. It posted August 29. Simply listed as Delta Skymiles Credit Card.

cab Sep 17, 2005 1:33 am

July/August & Sept/Oct Double Miles

Is it possible these double miles wouldn't be issued now that DL has filed?

Tennisbum Sep 17, 2005 6:09 am

Originally Posted by cab
Is it possible these double miles wouldn't be issued now that DL has filed?

Highly unlikely. I wouldn't expect to see the July/August miles post before October.

Traveling Salesman Sep 17, 2005 6:45 am

Originally Posted by BetP
Thinking seriously of cancelling Delta American Xpress card and going to CAPITAL ONE.

I have already switched. At this time I feel that I have more then enough sky miles and I am still earning them by flying.

georgequinones Oct 9, 2005 11:02 am

Any sightings of this bonus posting ?

DLBIZTRAVELER Nov 15, 2005 6:12 am

AMEX bonus miles coded S05FUN DBL1

Received the following overnight to my Delta SkyMiles account:
"15 Nov 2005 Delta SkyMiles Credit Card S05FUN DBL1 0 10000 10000 ".
I had just called AMEX on Sunday to inquire, and was told:1) yes, my account showed registered for July/Aug bonus miles; 2) expected posting time was 8-12 weeks after promo ended <on 8.31>, and 3) that the posting would be tied to my statement closing date.
Lo and behold, my statement closed yesterday, and the bonus showed up today. I was expecting the 10,000 max limit for the bonus.
I am assuming that this is indeed from the July 1-August 31 bonus.
Can anyone confirm the S05FUN DBL1 code is from that offer - I intrepret the code as Summer 2005 Fun Double Bonus 1. I think the offer code was D722:0001. Thanks

MachOne Nov 15, 2005 6:51 am

Originally Posted by DLBIZTRAVELER
Received the following overnight to my Delta SkyMiles account:
"15 Nov 2005 Delta SkyMiles Credit Card S05FUN DBL1 0 10000 10000 ".
I had just called AMEX on Sunday to inquire, and was told:1) yes, my account showed registered for July/Aug bonus miles; 2) expected posting time was 8-12 weeks after promo ended <on 8.31>, and 3) that the posting would be tied to my statement closing date.
Lo and behold, my statement closed yesterday, and the bonus showed up today. I was expecting the 10,000 max limit for the bonus.
I am assuming that this is indeed from the July 1-August 31 bonus.
Can anyone confirm the S05FUN DBL1 code is from that offer - I intrepret the code as Summer 2005 Fun Double Bonus 1. I think the offer code was D722:0001. Thanks

My statement closes around the 5th of each month. Checked DL site this moring and no posting of SO5FUN DBL1 miles. So I guess I wait 'til the 12/5 closing and see what happens.

MO