Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Man sues Delta for being seated next to obese passenger.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Man sues Delta for being seated next to obese passenger.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2005, 5:18 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz 5 Star Gold
Angry Where do you draw the line?

But if you ooze into their space because of being fat you are a terrible irresponsible inconsiderate pig who should be thinking of them and their comfort.
Terrible? No. Pig? Hopefully not. But irresponsible and inconsiderate? You betcha! And where exactly do you suggest the line be drawn. Do they get half your seat? 75%?

I believe you made reference to your Westin bed in a previous post. Tell you what, next time why not give up 10 or 20 or 30% of that bed to a perfect stranger? Why? Because they want it. Then let's see how benevolent you feel the next morning.

Sorry, if they can't fit into their seat, they aren't getting any part of mine. And yes, the departure may be delayed because we are definitely going to have a problem. The armrest is going to stay down, they can remain on their side, and I agree not to encroach. Easy answer.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta GM/CRC; IC Platinum RA; Fairmont Premier
Economics and taking personal responsibility

This situation reminds me of our dependence on foreign oil and lack of refining capacity. Gas prices always seem to illicite responses that somehow the oil companies are engaging in this grand conspiracy to screw the American consumer. Well, a lot of times these comments come from those that "chose" to buy gas guzzling sport utilities, etc. They all should quit their whining and take responsiblity for their actions. Those that bought vehicles getting less 20mpg have to accept the fact that the potential to pay more is part of the package. I have a diesel pickup I don't complain. I put myself in that position, however I mitigate it by cycling to work. Likewise if you chose to engage in sloth and gluttony, don't sue McDonald's, don't ***** at the airlines that you have to buy another seat just accept that it is part of the package. If you don't like it lose some weight, get in shape, and/or pay to have liposuction.

America is facing both an energy crisis and a health crisis. History has shown the best way to correct situations like these is make the immediate economic impact so high/prohibitively expensive to be fat (i.e. buying another airline seat) or drive a gas guzzler that you then choose to eat healthy or buy an efficient car. Legislation always seems to fail with correcting personal behavior because unless someone makes that personal choice then there is generally minimal compliance.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 7:42 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by TidewaterTraveler
Legislation always seems to fail with correcting personal behavior because unless someone makes that personal choice then there is generally minimal compliance.
It also fails because lawmakers who make unpopular decisions don't get re-elected...
Old Mar 25, 2005, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Wink

Originally Posted by LEX-LGA Commuter
I believe you made reference to your Westin bed in a previous post. Tell you what, next time why not give up 10 or 20 or 30% of that bed to a perfect stranger? Why? Because they want it. Then let's see how benevolent you feel the next morning.
I hope Dovster doesn't respond to this quote.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.