Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New DL SLC to JFK Red-Eye Flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2005, 9:50 am
Original Poster

New DL SLC to JFK Red-Eye Flight

Starting 5/1, there is a new SLC to JFK red-eye flight (departs at 11:15 pm and arrives at 5:35 am). The equipment is a 757 (except a 763 from June - Aug).

First time I've seen this route. The only other red-eye flights out of SLC I've seen are to CVG and ATL.

JetBlue has a flight at that departs SLC to JFK at 11:55 pm ... maybe this is a competitive flight to go up against JetBlue. Hmmm.

Happydad
Old Feb 20, 2005, 11:25 am

Watch that 757 go "Song" during the next update.
...actually, I'm surprised it's not a CRJ already!
Old Feb 20, 2005, 3:47 pm

They originally had two morning flights (an ~8:30 am and the current 10:00 one) plus an afternoon flight. Looks like they've changed the 8:30 am one to a red-eye...
Old Feb 20, 2005, 5:42 pm

But what is great, DL now has a 4:40 from JFK to SLC so that you can make onward connections. The 5:40 flight, which is still there arrives in SLC with extremely limited connex possibilities.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 7:29 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold VIP, Air Tran Elite
Delta offered this pre-9/11. I am very happy to see it back on the schedule.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 7:31 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
I believe this is a broad based positive addition and is consistent wth DL strategy of increasing SLC HUB service. Whereas DL removed the PHX-JFK service a couple of years ago and with the recent new schedule of 14 RJ flights to/from Phx-SLC, its just another connection opportunity into JFK to connect with oversea connections. AA also removed their Phx-JFK flights as well....sad.

Although I hope this red-eye 757 does not revert to SONG, the current morning SLC-JFK flight and the evening return is BE equipped 763. However, checking on-line bookings for summer the BE plane goes away...sad, but not unliveable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.