Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Your guest can’t use the shower and reasons Skyteam Elite Plus is worthless on AZ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guest can’t use the shower and reasons Skyteam Elite Plus is worthless on AZ

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2006, 3:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

As AZ only offers Y for domestic flights, I was hoping to use my DL Platinum status on a recent domestic trip in Italy.

1. Unless you are on a same day international Skyteam flight you do NOT get access to AZ lounges as a Skyteam Elite Plus member in Y.
2. At VCE there is no Business Class, Magnifica Class or ElitePlus check-in lines for AZ – just individual lines sorted by flight number so be prepared to wait.
3. Skyteam ElitePlus members cannot use the Priority Lane for security at VCE.
4. At the AZ lounge in MXP I was there as a Skyteam Elite Plus member with my one guest. Surprisingly there was a shower that I used. After my gf tried to use the shower (we were traveling MXP-VCE) which is an all Y flight. She was told she was a guest of an ElitePlus member and therefore not eligible to use the shower. I told the lounge attendants I would like to see in writing this rule, to which they pulled out a handwritten paper which had the heading of shower, then listed AZ frequent flyer levels, J pax and Skyteam Plus but did not say + guest. I asked to see a supervisor and was told the supervisor had written the paper so would not bother to come.

As a footnote, I wasn’t aware that when flying Y without a same day Skyteam international connection I couldn’t use the lounge on partners – I definitely have used AF lounges on domestic flights. Is this something new?
Old Nov 28, 2006, 5:25 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
As a footnote, I wasn’t aware that when flying Y without a same day Skyteam international connection I couldn’t use the lounge on partners – I definitely have used AF lounges on domestic flights. Is this something new?
No -I believe it's always been for international flights only...the AF agents probably didn't enforce the rule. Here's what the SkyTeam site says about Lounge Access for Elite Plus members:

http://www.skyteam.com/EN/benefits/s...liteplus.jsp#1

As for Oneworld and *A, I believe that the limit on international flights is only for the US carriers' members (e.g., AA has the rule that their EXPs (Emeralds)can only use the Admirals Club if they are travelling on an international (not including Mexico/Canada, etc.) itinerary; BA does not seem to have a restriction for their Gold (OW Emeralds) members using the BA lounge for domestic UK flights (though I'm not sure whether they're entitled to use the AA Admirals Club if they were travelling on a domestic US itinerary - the site is not very clear about that...)
Old Nov 28, 2006, 6:00 am

Programs: AA Gold, IHG & Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
As for Oneworld and *A, I believe that the limit on international flights is only for the US carriers' members (e.g., AA has the rule that their EXPs (Emeralds)can only use the Admirals Club if they are travelling on an international (not including Mexico/Canada, etc.) itinerary; BA does not seem to have a restriction for their Gold (OW Emeralds) members using the BA lounge for domestic UK flights (though I'm not sure whether they're entitled to use the AA Admirals Club if they were travelling on a domestic US itinerary - the site is not very clear about that...)
Re: oneworld, they (BA elites) are, yes. If you're oneworld Sapphire or Emerald (mid-tier or top-tier elite) through Qantas, BA, or other non-U.S. carriers then you get lounge access day-of-flight if you're flying ("marketed and operated by") any oneworld carrier, even domestic U.S. on AA. (AA's own elites don't enjoy this benefit at AA's own lounges when flying AA domestically, probably because AA thinks it can sell a lot of club memberships without angering their elites.)(*)

The privilege extends to one guest. See here for details.

(*) This AA-unique limitation does complicate the decision whether to accumulate miles with AA's AAdvantage program or with another oneworld partner's program. It may not be enough to tip the balance, especially for people who qualify for AAdvantage Executive Platinum (top tier), but it is a factor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.