Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

2005 Medallion Credentials — Did You Receive Yours?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 Medallion Credentials — Did You Receive Yours?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2005, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam/Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold Preferred
Medallion Cards?

How long does it take medallion cards/letter to arrive? It's been almost five weeks since the new year, or do I have to wait until after Feb? The status is indicated on the website but I'm still waiting for my first elite card. Exciting...
Old Feb 6, 2005, 8:21 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Most years, the cards arrive just prior to or just after 02/28.

Congratulations!!!
Old Feb 6, 2005, 8:34 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
I re-upped at platinum in July, and have yet to see new cards. Typically they show up in late Feb. Your status is in the system however.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DL Platinum
I re-upped at platinum in July, and have yet to see new cards. Typically they show up in late Feb. Your status is in the system however.
That's strange as I made GM at Thanksgiving time and received a new card valid through 2/06 in the middle of December.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Though everyone gets excited about getting new cards (I did), in reality I never used it. Many years as PM and now lowly SM. It is in my records and that is all that matters.

They get them out eventually.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 12:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Plat.
Medallion Kits

The SLC CR staff told me that most people that made their status in November or earlier already had their kits. I didn't requalify for Plat till my last mileage run flight on 12/31 and I'm still waiting.

Side note: A couple of years ago, my kit was "lost" (DL sent it to an address I'd never heard of) and I didn't receive a replacement 'till April. It was a serious pain to get into CRC's because back then I would usually get my BP's printed in the CRC. Every time, I would have to wait in line at the "first desk" for them to pull up my account information, then go wait in line at the main desk to have them print a BP. (Those were also the days you heard lots of screaming for putting a kiosk in the CRC).

-ursa
Old Feb 8, 2005, 12:43 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
That's strange as I made GM at Thanksgiving time and received a new card valid through 2/06 in the middle of December.
Were you renewing or up from SM before? In the second case, that is normal.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 12:45 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Ursa_Atlantis
The SLC CR staff told me that most people that made their status in November or earlier already had their kits. I didn't requalify for Plat till my last mileage run flight on 12/31 and I'm still waiting.
I renewed PM in September and have not received anything yet except for the threshold benefits letter (and additional PMUs), but I am not expecting to get the kit before end of February.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 8:57 am

Programs: DL MM/DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG Plat, Priority Plat, Sky Club, Admirals Club
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Though everyone gets excited about getting new cards (I did), in reality I never used it. Many years as PM and now lowly SM. It is in my records and that is all that matters.
Actually, that card is now a critical travel item.

You need the Plat/Elite/CRC card to get into partner lounges. Don't know how strict CO and the others are being about this, but NW is 100% stern on the no-card-no-entry rule as far as I can tell.

It only takes one three-hour layover in Detroit on a day you forgot the card to convince you that it's a good thing to carry at all times. My DL Plat card is now right beside the AMEX in my wallet on every trip.

Opositive.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Opositive

You need the Plat/Elite/CRC card to get into partner lounges. Don't know how strict CO and the others are being about this, but NW is 100% stern on the no-card-no-entry rule as far as I can tell.

It only takes one three-hour layover in Detroit on a day you forgot the card to convince you that it's a good thing to carry at all times. My DL Plat card is now right beside the AMEX in my wallet on every trip.

Opositive.
KLM lounges want it too........
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:54 am

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by Opositive

I assume you can get into these (NW, CO) lounges on a Delta ticket since NW and CO joined Skyteam. Last I was in Minneapolis (about two years ago) I tried to get in with my PM card and a Delta ticket and was told that it had to be on a NW itinerary. Howerver, the wording now is that you have access if your are on a Skyteam ticket you can get into [any] Skyteam lounge as an Elite Plus. Hopefully this can be confirmed as I haven't myself put it to the test?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:26 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
I assume you can get into these (NW, CO) lounges on a Delta ticket since NW and CO joined Skyteam. Last I was in Minneapolis (about two years ago) I tried to get in with my PM card and a Delta ticket and was told that it had to be on a NW itinerary. Howerver, the wording now is that you have access if your are on a Skyteam ticket you can get into [any] Skyteam lounge as an Elite Plus. Hopefully this can be confirmed as I haven't myself put it to the test?
I totally disagreed about MUST HAVING A CARD (either PM or CRC) and the "No-Card-No-Entry" statements in order to get in a lounge (either CO or NW). My recent trip with NW and CO (flying Economy) (using lounges at BKK, NRT, HNL, IAH and BWI) in the past 2 weeks, I got into their clubs using a PRINT OUT of my Delta Statement which shows my PM status and CRC membership. Although some of the club agents did mention that I should ask DL to issue me a temporary card (I gave them that look and smile with "Are you nuts?" in my mind). Only on 1-2 occasions, I did feel like they gave me a favor letting me in without a card, but they still let me in, so....

I raised this issue to OSH last week and hoping that they will do something about it. Waiting for 8 weeks to receive a PM and CRC card is rediculous !!! As much money as we spend on them to achieve PM status, it should not be such a big deal for them to rush us our PM and CRC cards.

If all 3 clubs (NW,CO and DL) have agreement for their members to use their clubs when flying their flights, they should have a common database which stores our status. With my recent experience, Status printed on the boarding pass does NOT justify anything. CO and NW club agents do not recognize Delta Platinum (Elite Plus) as CRC Member, so without a print out, I might not have got in.

Oh and by the way, so far, NO, I still have not receive my PM/CRC card yet, probably have to wait until early March.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 9:39 pm

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
You need to be flying on Delta to get into a CRC if you are a NW ELite Plus. So I would suspect that the reverse is still true with NW, despite the current wording.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:56 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Medallion kits for those who had their requalifying activity posted by 31 DEC 2004 will be shipped tomorrow, for all others in about a month.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Crown Room Club Member, United Mileage Plus, HiltonHonors
'05 Medallion

I just received my Silver Medallion card for '05-'06 and all that I received was the card and a thank you letter. What happened to the baggage tags? Did anyone else get the same thing? It really didn't make me feel like DL appreciated my business in '04.

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 4, 2005 at 9:42 am Reason: All of the mileposts in both threads have been merged into this thread unedited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.