Swearing and Yelling in CRC

Old Oct 7, 2004, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Angry Swearing and Yelling in CRC

I am sitting here in DCA CRC. Between one fellow's swearing at his computer and others yelling at the TV; it really is hard to get work done. Isn't there some rule about proper behaviour in the CRC? Can they throw someone out? Or did such a rule go by the wayside when they eliminated the dress code? That was definitely a sad day.

Marc
Old Oct 7, 2004, 5:36 pm

Location: Hotlanta, GA; Starwood Platinum; Delta Platinum Medallion
Its the same ON the planes as well, regardless if you are in the back or not.

In general, this country has seen such a degradation in peoples' manners... its alarming.
Old Oct 7, 2004, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Did you complain to the agents?
Old Oct 8, 2004, 7:55 am
In Memoriam

Was tehre a quiet are in that CRC, that's where I hang out now. Too d@mned many loud cell phone users in the rest of the areas. And if I am in the quiet area, I remind once, then get help!
Old Oct 8, 2004, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Marq
Isn't there some rule about proper behaviour in the CRC?
Pathetic: the notion that a grown man cannot display an ounce of class.

What's even funnier is watching and listening to Mr. Joe Important with the fake tan yapping on his cell phone about his big deal or important meeting.

I've heard more insider information from some of these buffoons than I care to mention: sales figures, data, client names, lawyers talking to clients about cases, etc.

The CRC's are a business intelligence company's dream.

Last edited by DelrayChris; Oct 8, 2004 at 8:14 am
Old Oct 8, 2004, 8:34 am
Original Poster

A follow up:

I talked to the Agent in the CRC later. She admonished the guy twice to quiet down. She was one step away from calling the police when he left.

This isn't as bad a behaviour as I have seen. Once, at the A-17 club, somebody was taking his buddies up to the CRC two at a time as guests...coming down for more. I couldn't believe that the gatekeeper wasn't recognizing this. They were all waiting for a flight at A-18, just using the club for drinks.

Marc

PS I sure hope they never allow cell phones in flight....there would go any hope for peace and quiet.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
If you want to really get their attention, and probably pi$$ them off, stand next to them and start taking notes of their conversation.
Old Oct 8, 2004, 10:47 am

others yelling at the TV
October baseball wreaks havoc on CRC decorum.
Old Oct 10, 2004, 1:32 am

What maybe worse was what I witnessed at the JFK Term. 3 BizElite lounge on Thursday.

A grown man maybe in his early 50s took three pieces of the tomato foccia(spelling) bread, ate one while standing there, decided that he did not like it and put the other two pieces back.

IMHO that kind of act is even worse than talking on the cell or being lound in front of the tv because it shows no class whatsoever and is a health hazard. I am willing to forgive a lot because in today's more causual society it is becoming anything goes.

More on-topic, it is no better at AAdmirals Clubs, CO Pres. Clubs, NW WCs, and UA RCCs. I have made financial decisions because of these loud mouths on their cell phones.

Dan
Old Oct 10, 2004, 8:43 pm

A follow up:

Marc

PS I sure hope they never allow cell phones in flight....there would go any hope for peace and quiet.
Exactly right! As it is, before every take-off everyone trying to be a big shot gets on a cellphone and proceeds to talk too loudly. Why didn't they call before they got on the plane?
Old Oct 10, 2004, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier
I saw in the news recently that there's some kind of box being tested in planes that will prevent cell phone signals from interfering with the planes instruments, thus enabling the use of cell phones inflight..they expect it to be mainstream in the next 3 or 4 years I think.. God help us all.....
Old Oct 10, 2004, 11:18 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
Originally Posted by BViPeR04
I saw in the news recently that there's some kind of box being tested in planes that will prevent cell phone signals from interfering with the planes instruments, thus enabling the use of cell phones inflight..they expect it to be mainstream in the next 3 or 4 years I think.. God help us all.....
I think that is a misunderstanding as if cell phone signals interfered with the navigation systems we all would have ended up in in some other city than what we were destined for as I will wager, that on any given full flight, at least a dozen cell phones remain "on" accidentially or otherwise!!

Rather, the problem appears to be interference with on-the-ground cells which are not designed to keep track of a fast moving phone at 30,000 feet, a problem that apparently is fixable as that is the basis for the trials of using cell phones in-flight.

I agree that heaven help us if that becomes legit as one can only with horror imagine people trying to yell on top of each other and the likely coming and going of signal strength.

However, if polls stand to reason, this is an enahncement "we" Asked For
Old Oct 10, 2004, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I know the real issue is whatever makes the most money but why would the airlines buy this expensive equiptment (as I understand it, your cell phone gets repeated by the planes equiptment and relayed to the ground) when a company like Verizon can provide cell phone service via the existing stuff for costs as little at a dime a minute?
Old Oct 10, 2004, 11:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Flying_Duck
I think that is a misunderstanding as if cell phone signals interfered with the navigation systems we all would have ended up in in some other city than what we were destined for as I will wager, that on any given full flight, at least a dozen cell phones remain "on" accidentially or otherwise!!
The cellphone interfering with navigation BS has always been a smokescreen IMO. I've left my cell on accidentally on several occasions....I can even hear it ringing in my carry-on occasionally. And I know of several people who use the lav to make phone calls while in flight.
Next time Mr. Big is in the lav for what seems an unnatural amount of time, consider that he's probably closing a deal rather than answering nature's call.....
Old Oct 10, 2004, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Cholula
The cellphone interfering with navigation BS has always been a smokescreen IMO. I've left my cell on accidentally on several occasions....I can even hear it ringing in my carry-on occasionally. And I know of several people who use the lav to make phone calls while in flight.
Next time Mr. Big is in the lav for what seems an unnatural amount of time, consider that he's probably closing a deal rather than answering nature's call.....
Sometimes I have my phone in my bag, sometimes in my pocket. I also have left it on by mistake a few times and when I have noticed, I rarely notice a signal at all, let alone one good enough to keep and use effectively. Granted, I haven't ever tried to make the call but how well does it work, Cholula?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.