Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M Class Intn'l Fares Through the Roof

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2006, 4:53 pm

Just priced Lax-Lgw in july for around $1850-1900 most other European destinations for about the same price

I am not a sanctioned representative of Delta on these boards, just an interested participant. I'm only here trying to shed light on DL issues brought up on this board and to provide my opinion and/or to try to answer Qs. I do work for Delta, but I don't represent DL's final word when answering a question (in any capacity). Please e-mail Customer Care with your questions to get a corporately-supported reply.www.delta.com/email
Old Apr 14, 2006, 6:23 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Cheap fares on AA are hundreds less and I can use my eVIPs to upgrade without co-pay. Even with the co-pay, AA is still more reasonable.

Guess who I am taking to Europe in June?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 8:27 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by Spiff
Guess who I am taking to Europe in June?
AZ?
Old Apr 14, 2006, 8:29 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by jpdx
AZ?
Different month.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL GM, 2MM; UA 1K, MM
Originally Posted by mhbaker
My intn'l travel last year went to BA, but I decided to use up some SkyMiles to upgrade a DL flight in March to London. The M fare from CVG was approximately $1900! I don't ever remember paying more than $1000 for an M class fare. I then checked the BE fare and it's slightly over $2000. There's a simplifare for you. I guess DL's made it clear what I can do (or more accurately not do) with my SkyMiles. This is certainly one way to squeeze more money out of your customers but it doesn't bode well for using my SkyMiles for international upgrades. It appears AA and CO have matched these fares, so the question now becomes given a choice, which of these airlines has the best business class?
Same experience drove me to UA! On DL Y, B and M are upgradeable. M has been double a lesser fare... i.e. $1,100 MCO ~ BUD in a non-upgradeable Y and $1,900 for the upgradeable M!

Conversely, the $1,100 equivalent on UA was upgradeable with miles and the upsell to H so I could use Systemwides (same as DL PMU) was less than $200.

Your choice! One bankrupt airline or the other.
Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jpdx
AZ?
That Z should be an A.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 3:52 pm

DIRes: What about this?

[QUOTE=DlRes]Just priced Lax-Lgw in july for around $1850-1900 most other European destinations for about the same price

OK I just tried that:
LAX-LGW in July $1941 non refundable M class
LAS-LGW in July $2487 refundable but M class???

Maybe I'm living in the wrong town.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 5:25 pm

Has M class been banned from delta.com?

While checking fares I was unable to locate even 1 M class fare in about 40 tries to different international locations. I was asking for "flexible coach" which a year ago brought up M fares.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Old Apr 16, 2006, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by marilyn35406
While checking fares I was unable to locate even 1 M class fare in about 40 tries to different international locations. I was asking for "flexible coach" which a year ago brought up M fares.

Does anyone know anything about this?
You need to select discounted fares (the middle choice). This was changed when they stopped upgrading M and B fares at the time of booking, when available.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by El Boocho
You need to select discounted fares (the middle choice). This was changed when they stopped upgrading M and B fares at the time of booking, when available.
Thanks very much, I'll try that.
Old Apr 16, 2006, 7:10 pm

Thanks very much, I'll try that.
No promises on good fares though
Old Apr 17, 2006, 12:55 pm

B and M fares

Originally Posted by El Boocho
Guess what? I still didn't get any M fares but I got B fares that were lower than the SA quoted me for M fares. I believe B fares are upgradeable with PMUs. Is that correct or is there a catch 22?
Old Apr 17, 2006, 2:17 pm

Guess what? I still didn't get any M fares but I got B fares that were lower than the SA quoted me for M fares. I believe B fares are upgradeable with PMUs. Is that correct or is there a catch 22?
B fares are actually a higher fare class than M. Hence they are also upgradable. The rules on the M must have been more flexible. Perhaps it was a refundable M fare and a non-refundable B? I believe the coach fares are Y/B/M/H/Q/K/L/U/T. There might be a few others that are consolidator fares or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.