Wiki Posts
Search

DL to Quito?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2004, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
DL to Quito?

Is there a way to get to Quito, Equador (and on to Galapagos Islands) using only DL or partners? Does it make sense, time- and cost-wise, to fly DL to So Amrerica and then catch a partner flight to QUI?

If anyone has any experience with this destination, I'd appreciate any info!

Last edited by MileJunkie; Aug 18, 2004 at 1:00 pm
Old Aug 18, 2004, 10:51 am

No for Delta, I took Continental via Houston
Old Aug 19, 2004, 10:53 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
The only DL partner that flies to Quito is Continental. As an alternative to Quito, you can also fly CO to Guayaquil. The only carriers that fly from mainland Ecuador to the Galapagos islands are TAME and another Ecuadorian airline. The flight from Quito to the Galapagos (either San Cristobal or Baltra) stops and picks up/drops off passengers in Guayaquil both directions so it takes about 3-3.5 hours. The flight from Guayaquil takes about 1.5 hours but I think Quito makes a more interesting stopover.

Edited to add: It's possible you could also fly Avianca to Quito or Guayaquil, but you would have to route through Bogota.

Last edited by PhilC; Aug 19, 2004 at 11:01 am
Old Aug 19, 2004, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles MM, HHonors Gold, Avis, Hertz
Thanks, PhilC!

A follow up, if I may: will one earn SkyMiles for flying Continental internationally?
Old Aug 19, 2004, 4:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
I believe as long as it's operated by CO, yes.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Quito?

When I first saw this thread topic, I thought it was another DL bankruptcy rumor.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Two years ago I took Delta medal to Caracas then Venezuelian airlines to Quito. I will never do that again because of the flight from Quito to Caracas that had to make an urgent landing in Colombia and we were held hostage for hours and not told the truth.
Old Aug 19, 2004, 9:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Avianca used to fly to Equador. They have good J class service it seems, though bad connections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.