Wiki Posts
Search

Have transportion credit questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2004, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, and MM, Marriott Platinum
Have transportion credit questions

Flew Delta last year had issues and received a $125 transportation credit. It expires on 11/13/04. I have a couple questions for the experts.

1) If I book a flight does it have to be flown by 11/13?
2) It says it is non-endorsable/non-refundable. What does that mean?
3)Can I book a flight for next year on a refundable ticket and then get the full refund back?
4) Can I give it to someone else to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 4:23 pm

1) I think all this is required is that your ticket has to be booked and paid for by this date.
2) Means can not be endorsed to someone else. Means you must redeem and apply towards a future flight.
3) Possibly? I am not sure.
4) I do not think so
Old Aug 7, 2004, 4:57 pm

My understanding:

1)yes
2)???, you can use it for someone else, however you would have to use it to pay in person.
3) No, you would get a $125 transportation credit back, plus whatever cash you had to pay.
4) Like #2, you can use it to pay for a res for another person, however you would have to pay with the transportation credit in person at the airport or CTO.
Old Aug 7, 2004, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, and MM, Marriott Platinum
A little conflicing information here. Do I have to purchase or fly by 11/13?
Old Aug 7, 2004, 5:38 pm

It's my understanding that travel must be done by that date. I have the T&Cs of the transportation credits laying around, I'll post back when I find them.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 9:33 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Rules given with transportation vouchers state that the flight must be booked and flown within one year from issuance. The rules also say that transportation vouchers cannot be combined. Now it has been my experience that at times agents will allow you to book a seat and use two vouchers to pay for it. Not all the time only some time. Sometimes when buying a ticket with vouchers I am due change which has been issued in the form of a e-voucher as opposed to a transportation voucher. Each of these new vouchers carried a date they were issued. Theoretically, this would allow one to extend the time of a credit by using old transportation vouchers first and getting e-vouchers issued with the new date. Unfortunately, one gat agent wrote the date of the original voucher over the new later date. This of course creates a mess - which date applies and since most agents don't do this are they trying to hide the real date so it will go unsed?

This is just part of a messy overly complicated fare system that even has many Delta gate agents confused particularly when you dig into the depest recesses of the fine print. For my part I approach events with the expectation that the fine print will be followed, but if the gate agent will allow my additional requests like combining vouchers happily accept.
Old Aug 8, 2004, 9:54 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Another thing to remeber about the non-refundable thing, is that if you only use part of it, the rest is unusable. This is true of a TCV. You have to fly by the date on the voucher, and you if you canceled the flight the refund would be issued with a TCV with the same expiration date, so no you can't extend by booking and canceling.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.