Wiki Posts
Search

Best CRC Bloody Mary?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2004, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Best CRC Bloody Mary?

Mrs. 49er and I were in the SFO CRC on 7/26.

They were individually, hand made, from scratch. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

1st runner up-DFW E-12
Old Jul 30, 2004, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dallas49er

1st runner up-DFW E-12
There is nothing like a stiff drink to start off your day.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Dallas49er

1st runner up-DFW E-12
LAX also makes them from scratch. I'm not that big a Bloody Mary fan, but they look so good there that I usually end up with one in my hand. Which other rooms mix all the ingredients themselves on a per drink basis?
Old Jul 30, 2004, 9:47 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by El Boocho
LAX also makes them from scratch. I'm not that big a Bloody Mary fan, but they look so good there that I usually end up with one in my hand. Which other rooms mix all the ingredients themselves on a per drink basis?
I agree.
The same lady always makes mine at the LAX CRC and uses Vodka, Tomato Juice, Worcestershire Sauce, T****** Sauce , Celery Salt, Horseradish, Garlic Powder, Cracked Pepper and finishes it a touch of red wine.
Excellent Bloody Mary!! In fact, I may have one or two tomorrow while awaiting my flight to Alohaland.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by Cholula
I agree.
The same lady always makes mine at the LAX CRC and uses Vodka, Tomato Juice, Worcestershire Sauce, T****** Sauce , Celery Salt, Horseradish, Garlic Powder, Cracked Pepper and finishes it a touch of red wine.
I'll try it tonight at home with Cholula (out of the bottle)instead of brand x.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:19 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I agree.
Excellent Bloody Mary!! In fact, I may have one or two tomorrow while awaiting my flight to Alohaland.
Thanks for the memories. Yes, indeed, that Bloody Mary in the LAX CRC is excellent. ^
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
In fact, I may have one or two tomorrow while awaiting my flight to Alohaland.
Oh no, we have to listen about another trip to Maui.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 1:02 pm

Programs: GM DL, AA, USAir, Avis Prefered, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Rewards Silver, Starwood Prefered, CRC
Mixed Drinks

I've been having a really hard time getting a good mixed drink in the CRC. I've only been a member of the CR for a month or so and I've only had drinks in the one in ATL and BOS but all the drinks are extremely weak. Anyone else having better luck than I am?
Old Jul 30, 2004, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by MadScientist
I've been having a really hard time getting a good mixed drink in the CRC. I've only been a member of the CR for a month or so and I've only had drinks in the one in ATL and BOS but all the drinks are extremely weak. Anyone else having better luck than I am?
So tell them to make it a double! Of all the problems people have with DL, this one is easily solved.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:15 pm

Lax

LAX is the place for a great, tasty, refreshing BM. Nothing relaxes you like a LAX BM. If that one attendant (it must be the same one) ever goes elsewhere, I will follow her to get her EX-LAX BM.

TPML
Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by typical pm loser
LAX is the place for a great, tasty, refreshing BM. Nothing relaxes you like a LAX BM. If that one attendant (it must be the same one) ever goes elsewhere, I will follow her to get her EX-LAX BM.

TPML
The temptation here is almost overwhelming.....
Old Jul 30, 2004, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by typical pm loser

TPML
Very nice. Thought about a similar post but never would have come up with the "ex-lax" part.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
BTW, some FA's make a wicked BM also. I had a few on my recent JFK-DEN flight. They were desperately needed after my horrible JFK checkin experience.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 8:52 pm

Programs: DL-GM; Marriott-Platinum; Holiday Inn-Gold;
I agree.
I must agree that LAX CRC makes the best Bloody Mary. Better than the pre-mixed crap you get in ATL and CVG. Who decided that pre-mixing Bloody Mary's was a good idea? Do they pre-mix their bourbon and cokes at home?

-J
Old Jul 30, 2004, 10:20 pm

Programs: DL GM, CRC, HHS
Thumbs up

In defense of ATL, there is one gentleman in the A lounge (?) [upstairs] that makes Bloody Marys from scratch, they are dynamite - horseradish and TABASCO (whoops, can we say that?) and if you tip, they're doubles w/o asking

Originally Posted by ibjaybird
I must agree that LAX CRC makes the best Bloody Mary. Better than the pre-mixed crap you get in ATL and CVG. Who decided that pre-mixing Bloody Mary's was a good idea? Do they pre-mix their bourbon and cokes at home?

-J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.